ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application - Parking Tickets

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

georges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship Application with EU Settled Status Document

Post by georges » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Hello,

I am trying to complete a British citizenship application as an EU citizen with settled status (through the EU settlement scheme), acquired more than a year ago.

After completing all of the online forms, I got presented with the list of required documents that I'll need to provide and to my surprise I saw this:
Mr xxx's proof of Nationality
You must include your:
  • passport or EEA national identity card
  • UK permanent residence card
  • evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions
You must have a permanent residence card before you can apply for citizenship.
Does that mean that I do need a permanent residence card? Based on this guide https://www.gov.uk/british-citizenship and specifically under section "You have ‘settled status’ under the EU Settlement Scheme" I thought that it was not a requirement.

Can someone help please?

Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Citizenship Application with EU Settled Status Document

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:38 pm

No you don't need the PR card - did you select YES to the option "Are you an EU citizen with a permanent residence document"? It should be NO and then you select the ILR option - ILR under the Settled Status scheme. You should either correct your choices if possible or attach a note explaining. Not the first time applicants get this message - not an issue.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

georges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by georges » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I tried choosing the options that you suggested. Weirdly if I keep YES to the question: "Are you either: An EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence document or A family member of an EEA national who has been issued with a permanent residence card", then it does allow me to check under "What will you use to apply for British citizenship?" the "Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme", whereas if I choose NO then I don't get that option at all. Since what I do have is the "ILR granted under the EU Settlement Scheme", I think I will leave my selections as is. I would hope that they do not just reject applications and you lose your fee but they try to communicate back to you to resolve any such issues?

I would like to ask one more question if possible please. It mentions that the 2 referees must not be related to each other. I would assume that it is fine using two colleagues (professional software engineers) from the same business where I work at?

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:17 am

I would like to ask one more question if possible please. It mentions that the 2 referees must not be related to each other. I would assume that it is fine using two colleagues (professional software engineers) from the same business where I work at?
Related means by blood or marriage! Software engineers are also not on the approved referee list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dogcat
United Kingdom

Post by dogcat » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:54 am

Would that not come under ''Manager/Personnel officer of limited company '' ?

georges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by georges » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:00 am

I believe it would also come under the group "Engineer (with professional qualifications)" as well no?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:40 am

georges wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:00 am
I believe it would also come under the group "Engineer (with professional qualifications)" as well no?
No, it does not. Engineer on the list refers to Electrical/Mechanical/Civil who are registered with the appropriate Regulatory Body for their profession.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

georges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by georges » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:54 pm

Alright, thank you CR001. I will seek for the main referee to be someone else.

georges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Citizenship Application - Parking Tickets

Post by georges » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advise in regards to section "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance" of the Citizenship application?

I have one fixed penalty notice for driving over the speed limit a couple of years ago, which was paid, course was attended, and did not result in driving license points. I believe this should be declared under that section.

Do parking tickets (from city council or private e.g. supermarket parkings) need to be declared there as well? I am really worried about this because I have had about 5-6 parking tickets over the past 5 years but I have not kept record of those tickets apart for relevant payment receipts, which I can find in my emails. So I would n't be able to tell the exact date the ticket was received for example.

What should I do? Anyone in a similar situation?

Thank you.

georges
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Citizenship Application - Parking Tickets

Post by georges » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:54 am

georges wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi,

Can anyone advise in regards to section "A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance" of the Citizenship application?

I have one fixed penalty notice for driving over the speed limit a couple of years ago, which was paid, course was attended, and did not result in driving license points. I believe this should be declared under that section.

Do parking tickets (from city council or private e.g. supermarket parkings) need to be declared there as well? I am really worried about this because I have had about 5-6 parking tickets over the past 5 years but I have not kept record of those tickets apart for relevant payment receipts, which I can find in my emails. So I would n't be able to tell the exact date the ticket was received for example.

What should I do? Anyone in a similar situation?

Thank you.
I am probably answering my own question but I have found this into your forums https://www.immigrationboards.com/briti ... 05532.html, mentioning:
Note: penalty charge notices and notices for disorder (PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’ as per section 3.7 in form AN. However, a PCN/PND should have no bearing on the application unless PCNs/PNDs are numerous. There is no specific requirement to declare a PCN.
So I would assume that I do need to declare the FPN to stay safe but the PCNs can be safely ignored.