ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to TIER 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to TIER 2 General

Post by Ssubrama » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Dear experts,
I am explaining here about my present situation.
I am currently on a Tier 2 ICT dependent Visa valid until Nov 1st.
I am working, so my employer is ready to sponsor me with an RCOS (restricted COS), I am expecting that by Aug 13th after the monthly UKVI COS allocation meeting for August.
When I called up home office about switching to Tier 2 General within UK based on the CoVID guidance link that if you are switching to a different work route you can apply within UK even when your Visa does not expire by Jul 31st , they said that does not apply for dependents trying to switch https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
So they said I definitely need to travel to India to apply. But considering the current situation , is it possible to get an appointment with VFS global and get the Visa vignette and passport stamped before the vignette expires in 30 days?

Even if I think of travel, only Vande Bharat repatriation flights are available at present. I am not sure if I am eligible for using that service too.
Not sure if some one else is on the same boat like us?
Can some one please advise :-(

Thanks
Seetha

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Switching from Tier 2 ICT dependent to TIER 2 General

Post by Rags1238 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:08 pm

Same situation! Quite frustrating.. don't know what to do!

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:49 pm

Thanks for your reply..
Let me know if you have any updates...
Thanks.
Seetha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:00 pm

1. Can I please ask you to stop tagging onto every other topic you find.

2. The concession seems to be removed from the update today..

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zaclancer
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zaclancer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:10 pm

Hi Ssubrama,

Can you tell me how you contacted the home office, please?

There are no seats available in repatriation flights for August.
Addtionally, today the guidance has changed, which says

If you intend to stay in the UK
If you decide to stay in the UK, you should apply for the necessary leave to remain in the UK. You will also be able to submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You will need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee. This includes those whose leave has already been extended to 31 July 2020 and the grace period until 31 August 2020.

The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided. If you are switching into work or study routes you may be able to commence work or study whilst your application is under consideration .

in general, it sounds like eligible, because T2 ICT dependant to T2 General is something you usually need to apply from home country, but now can submit from within the UK.

Admins/ Members - please advice.

zaclancer
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zaclancer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:23 pm

Hi Ssubrama,

Also, when you spoke to the HO, did they tell you to whom does it apply to if not for dependants?

Thank you!

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:25 am

zaclancer wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:10 pm
Hi Ssubrama,

Can you tell me how you contacted the home office, please?

There are no seats available in repatriation flights for August.
Addtionally, today the guidance has changed, which says

If you decide to stay in the UK, you should apply for the necessary leave to remain in the UK. You will also be able to submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You will need to meet the requirements of the route you’re applying for and pay the UK application fee. This includes those whose leave has already been extended to 31 July 2020 and the grace period until 31 August 2020.

The terms of your leave will remain the same until your application is decided. If you are switching into work or study routes you may be able to commence work or study whilst your application is under consideration .

in general, it sounds like eligible, because T2 ICT dependant to T2 General is something you usually need to apply from home country, but now can submit from within the UK.

Admins/ Members - please advice.
Hi ,
HO said that the main applicant (who is on a ICT dependent Visa) will travel to Home country to switch.

zaclancer
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zaclancer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:44 am

Hi,
Did you speak to the Covid Immigration help centre, the number given at the bottom of the below page?
Also, did they say what the covid guidance refers to as "You will also be able to submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... ts#history

thanks!

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:04 pm

I think the text what you had mentioned was removed yesterday.
I called both numbers helpline and general Home office inquiries

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi ,

Sorry I am now only reading this below. Also I forgot to mention that I had called on the 28th where this page was not updated. I think we need to check again. Can I please ask you also to call so that we both can check and confirm whether it is allowed to switch within UK?

Illi
Newly Registered

Post by Illi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:03 pm

I am in same situation!
Let me know if you get any updates.

Illi
Newly Registered

Post by Illi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:08 pm

Could you please let me know what number you are calling so that I can try?

Illi
Newly Registered

Post by Illi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:23 am

I called HO and they said I have to apply from India.

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm

I had sent an email to CIH team for assistance on the same topic.. here's what they have to say.

You will need to be switching from/to an eligible route and you’ll need to meet the same visa requirements and pay the same application fee.

It is not possible to switch into short term visa routes where applications can only be made outside of the UK, such as:

Tier 5 Youth Mobility
Tier 5 Seasonal Worker
Tier 4 Chevening, Commonwealth and Marshall scholars
Overseas Domestic Workers

Along with this their mail includes the latest guidelines of applying within UK. So, if I have understood it right, then ICT dependent to Tier 2 General is possible within country.

Not sure why did HO tell you to apply from India. However, keep me posted if you hear anything more.

KIRANPURABIA
Newly Registered
India

Post by KIRANPURABIA » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:23 pm

Rags1238 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:23 pm
I had sent an email to CIH team for assistance on the same topic.. here's what they have to say.

You will need to be switching from/to an eligible route and you’ll need to meet the same visa requirements and pay the same application fee.

It is not possible to switch into short term visa routes where applications can only be made outside of the UK, such as:

Tier 5 Youth Mobility
Tier 5 Seasonal Worker
Tier 4 Chevening, Commonwealth and Marshall scholars
Overseas Domestic Workers

Along with this their mail includes the latest guidelines of applying within UK. So, if I have understood it right, then ICT dependent to Tier 2 General is possible within country.

Not sure why did HO tell you to apply from India. However, keep me posted if you hear anything more.
@Rags123 - did you receive this response for an visa expiring after 31 Aug 2020?
I am in a similar situation as well where my wife's Tier2 ICT (PBS dependent) visa expires on 24th Oct and she is in need to apply for her Tier 4 (General) within UK in Aug, travelling back home and coming back with Tier 4 visa in time of her course does not seem possible due to all the restrictions and unavailability of flights.
I have emailed HO and awaiting their response.

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:19 am

Yes, our Visa is expiring in Nov-20

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:27 pm

Hello everyone,

I just called the home office and they mentioned that the application can be made within the UK. Hopefully it is correct and I advice if someone else can confirm too.

Illi
Newly Registered

Post by Illi » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Hello,
Just checking in that your visa expiring after 31st Aug?

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 pm

Illi wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:48 pm
Hello,
Just checking in that your visa expiring after 31st Aug?
Please see my previous response. Our visa is expiring in November-20. In addition, I called the home office twice in this week just to be sure and they confirmed I can go ahead with application in UK. I advice you to talk to home office again.

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 pm

Hi @Rags1238,

Thank you very much for the update.... I have a few questions. ( I will also call HO tomorrow )
Can you please let me know :
- what is the start date on your COS? Do you already have the COS? Asking this because the information below says "if you urgently need to join a new Job" - (As updated on the link below on Aug 7th)
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -july-2020

In my case , I am not joining a new job as I am continuing with my existing employer who is going to sponsor me. Are you also in the same situation? Did you mention this to HO?

If your leave expires after 1 September 2020
You can submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to show your application is urgent, for example if you need to start a new job or course of study.

You’ll need to pay the fees and meet all requirements of your visa as normal, except the need to submit the application in your home country.

This is being kept under review.

- [2] Did you email or phone them?
- [3 ] Have you already made the online application ? So that you had the application reference number to mention on your email ?
- [4] - Also the above updated information says - ' This is kept under review' - did you get any additional information on this?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Don't expect you to answer all, just to understand your situation if similar to mine.... :-)

Cheers
Seetha

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:09 am

Ssubrama wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 pm
Hi @Rags1238,

Thank you very much for the update.... I have a few questions. ( I will also call HO tomorrow )
Can you please let me know :
- what is the start date on your COS? Do you already have the COS? Asking this because the information below says "if you urgently need to join a new Job" - (As updated on the link below on Aug 7th)
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -july-2020

In my case , I am not joining a new job as I am continuing with my existing employer who is going to sponsor me. Are you also in the same situation? Did you mention this to HO?

If your leave expires after 1 September 2020
You can submit an application form from within the UK where you would usually need to apply for a visa from your home country.

You’ll need to show your application is urgent, for example if you need to start a new job or course of study.

You’ll need to pay the fees and meet all requirements of your visa as normal, except the need to submit the application in your home country.

This is being kept under review.

- [2] Did you email or phone them?
- [3 ] Have you already made the online application ? So that you had the application reference number to mention on your email ?
- [4] - Also the above updated information says - ' This is kept under review' - did you get any additional information on this?

Sorry for asking too many questions.

Don't expect you to answer all, just to understand your situation if similar to mine.... :-)

Cheers
Seetha
Yes, similar situation and expecting the COS next week. I have confirmed with the HO twice and my consultant too has confirmed it. Will be submitting the application once COS is assigne

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:40 am

Thanks a lot Rags1238. This is really helpful at this time for me.
Two questions
1)Can you please let me know when is your start date on the COS.
2) when u say apply online, is there a separate link other than the 'switch to this visa' which would then allow you to choose an appointment within UK (not VFS India, appointment)

It would be wonderful to have your email address pls.

Cheers
Seetha

Rags1238
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Rags1238 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:28 am

Ssubrama wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:40 am
Two questions
2) when u say apply online, is there a separate link other than the 'switch to this visa' which would then allow you to choose an appointment within UK (not VFS India, appointment)

Cheers
Seetha
Not sure if it is allowed to share mail id on this forum. Our COS start date is Aug 2020.

You can use this link to apply within UK.
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... ntLocation

Btw, did you call the HO? and if yes, what did they say?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am

Ssubrama wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:40 am
Two questions

Cheers
Seetha
Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information. Everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling the pages every day.

Please do NOT ask members for their full names or contact information!! This is very clearly stated in the forum rules, which you were required to read and agreed to when joining the forum!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ssubrama
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ssubrama » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:40 pm

Ok Noted... thanks