ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Stage 2 Global Talent (Exceptional Talent) - Query

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suriyag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier 1 Stage 2 Global Talent (Exceptional Talent) - Query

Post by suriyag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:04 am

Dear All,

I'm new here. It would be great if anybody could answer my questions on Tier1 Stage 2 Global Talent.

Q1 : I understand that the exceptional talent visa leads to ILR after 3years of Stay in UK and ILR needs to be applied just 28days before the expiry of the Visa. My question is: Can i apply for 4Years visa as a safety net to stay in UK, considering the timeline for ILR processing after 3 years.
I see an increase in IHS for 400 GBP for one more year. Is there anyother cost involved - Please suggest(I'm Switching from Tier2 ICT to Tier1).

Q2. There is a question in the online application form "What is your Current Immigration Status in UK?"
I'm in UK on Tier2 ICT visa. What would be the answer for this one.

Thanks!
SuriyaG

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 Stage 2 Global Talent (Exceptional Talent) - Query

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:07 am

Q1. https://www.gov.uk/global-talent
How long you can stay
You can apply to stay for between 1 and 5 years. You only have to pay the healthcare surcharge for the amount of time you choose to stay.

You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like. Each extension can last from 1 to 5 years.
2. You put what your current visa is. It isn't a trick question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

suriyag
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by suriyag » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:34 am

Thank you very much CR001.

Regards,
Suriya G

krishnakumarg
- thin ice -
India

Post by krishnakumarg » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:14 pm

suriyag wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:04 am
Dear All,

I'm new here. It would be great if anybody could answer my questions on Tier1 Stage 2 Global Talent.

Q1 : I understand that the exceptional talent visa leads to ILR after 3years of Stay in UK and ILR needs to be applied just 28days before the expiry of the Visa. My question is: Can i apply for 4Years visa as a safety net to stay in UK, considering the timeline for ILR processing after 3 years.
I see an increase in IHS for 400 GBP for one more year. Is there anyother cost involved - Please suggest(I'm Switching from Tier2 ICT to Tier1).

Q2. There is a question in the online application form "What is your Current Immigration Status in UK?"
I'm in UK on Tier2 ICT visa. What would be the answer for this one.

Thanks!
SuriyaG
Answer to Q1: You can choose how many years (from 1 to 5 years) you want the GTV visa for.
In my case, I am switching from Tier 2 to Global Talent, and will be eligible for settlement in 1 year and 11 months. I opted to go for 3 years, just to give myself extra room to accommodate any uncertainties (and because this visa route allows such a possibility).

You'll have to pay IHS of £400/year for each year of the visa. There is a fixed application fees independent of number of years of leave.