ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 maintenance fund query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sonubanna
Newly Registered

Tier-1 maintenance fund query

Post by sonubanna » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:37 pm

Hi All,

I have planned to apply for Tier-1 Visa. Please see below extract from Tier-1 Dependant guidance.

"Main applicant has been in the UK
for 6 months, who is making an application at the
same time as his spouse and two children must show
that he has £1600 for his spouse and £1600 for
each child, in addition to £800 required for his own
support. In total the family will require evidence that
they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800). "

This example is applicable for my situation as I have two kids along with my spouse. I don't have £5600 in my UK account. I have £2800 in my UK account for last three months. Can I show rest of money in my Indian Bank account?

i.e. Can I show £2800 in UK account and INR 2,40,000 in Indian account as maintenance fund for Tier-1 application ?

Has anybody done that or answer my query?

Appropriate quick response is welcome as I need to apply in next month.

Many Thanks

majic

Post by majic » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:04 am

Hi,

I have a situation thats some what similar to yours. I have a spouse and a child so the money I need to have is 1600 * 2 + 800 = £4000/-. I have more then 4000 in my UK bank account but only for last 2 months becoz I have only been in the UK for 2 months

I now have to wait for another month to fulfill the 3 month required for fund availability.

For you I would suggest to have all the money in one account either in UK or in your home country as two account may make issues slightly complicated.

Regards

Faisal.

shubi81

Maintenace fund amount for dependant

Post by shubi81 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi,
I have landed in UK in mid July with Tier1 Visa from India . Now , I would like to apply for my wife's dependant Tier1 Visa ; since I am in UK for less than 6 months & I am applying for the dependant Visa ..just willing to know if thr is any special rule/restrictions for this !
So, should I show 1600 OR 2800 (for myself)+1600(for wife) ??

A quick reply is highly appreciated .

Cheers
Shuv

majic wrote:Hi,

I have a situation thats some what similar to yours. I have a spouse and a child so the money I need to have is 1600 * 2 + 800 = £4000/-. I have more then 4000 in my UK bank account but only for last 2 months becoz I have only been in the UK for 2 months

I now have to wait for another month to fulfill the 3 month required for fund availability.

For you I would suggest to have all the money in one account either in UK or in your home country as two account may make issues slightly complicated.

Regards

Faisal.

majic

Post by majic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:53 pm

There are 2 rules if Principle applicant is in uk:

Less then 1 year: Principle Application £800 + £1600 per dependent

More then 1 year: Principle Application £800 + £533 per dependent

Regards

shubi81

Post by shubi81 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Thanks majic ! could you pls paste the relevant link here ...?

Thanks
Shuv
majic wrote:There are 2 rules if Principle applicant is in uk:

Less then 1 year: Principle Application £800 + £1600 per dependent

More then 1 year: Principle Application £800 + £533 per dependent

Regards

Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa

Post by Tier1Visa_2008_Tier1Visa » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:57 pm

For all those who are misleading

Dear XXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

Its not mandatory to show the funds in your account only after the Date of Marriage right?

Yes, its not mandatory.

the start date can be before the date of marriage as well ??

Yes, it can be before the date of marriage as well.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Helpline no – 080-40084008
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Original Message -----

To: vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 3:11 PM
Subject: RE: Ref:S_20090306_1428_34 Urgent Query

Thanks a ton for clearing my Doubts.

Just a final query and will wind up with all my doubts/Queries.
I got married on 1st Jan 2009 and would show 1600£ funds increasing in my HSBC UK FLEX Saver Bank Account starting 18 Dec 2008 - 18 March 2009 which would cover 3 months period satisfactorily.

Its not mandatory to show the funds in your account only after the Date of Marriage right?
the start date can be before the date of marriage as well ??
Kindly request you to please advice, so that my Wife can proceed further with the application.

I'm very grateful for your timely response, which is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
XXXXXX .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com [mailto:vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com]
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 9:20 AM

Subject: Re: Ref:S_20090306_1428_34 Urgent Query

Dear XXXXXX,

With regard to your query,

Yes, you are right, you will not required to show any funds. As long as you are able to show satisfactory proof for source of funds and has also maintained it in your account (Personal/Current) for three months, you will be able to meet the maintenance criteria.

However, the discretion is with you.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 2:40 PM
Subject: RE: Ref:S_20090306_1428_34 Urgent Query

Thanks a lot for the Reply.

So I agree that i need not show any funds for me right ?? When my Dependant is making a Application under Tier1 HSMP Dependant Visa Category under PBS from Bangalore

Just a last query..
Currently 1600£ and more funds are present in my HSBC UK FLEX Saver Account for 3 months without any drop below. i will be sending original statements covering the 3 months period.

Should i also send my current account Bank Statement which shows my salary Credit? or its ok not to send??
Kindly please let me know.

Subject: Ref:S_20090306_1428_34 Urgent Query

Dear XXXXXX,

With regard to your query, yes, you need 1600 GBP for dependant.These amounts must be held in your personal bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding and dated no more than one month prior to the date you submit your application. The balance should not fall below the required minimum at any time during the 3 month period.

Thanks & Regards
UK Helpdesk
Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

Subject: RE: Ref:S_20090306_1241_31 Urgent Query

Hi,

I already have a Tier1 HSMP Visa and had switched from Work Permit within UK itself and working here.

My Wife will be making the Application for Dependant Visa, under Tier1 General PBS Category. from Bangalore VFS Office ( South Zone)

Could you please let me know how much mantainace funds i have to show in my account for 3 months? is it only 1600 £ and nothing to be shown for me??

Cheers,
XXXXXX.

Subject: Ref:S_20090306_1241_31 Urgent Query

Dear XXXXXX,

With regard to your query, to guide you further let us know in which city (Zone) you would like to make your application.

Subject: Urgent Query

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I'm currently holding a Tier1 General HSMP visa under PBS category which i had obtained in April 2008 by applying within UK, earlier i was working in UK on a workpermit starting Dec 2007 (work permit was valid till 2009 April).

My wife will be applying for a Dependant visa in March end under Tier1 General Dependant Visa Category.

Could you please tell me how much maintenance funds i have to show?
And whether i have to show maintenance funds for myself as well ?

Should i show

1600 £ (for wife) only
or
1600 £ (for wife) + 800 £ (for me)
or
or
533 £ (for wife) + 800 £ (for me)

for consecutive 3 months? from the date of application.

Many thanks,
XXXXXX.