ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

submission date and job abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

obormot
Member of Standing
France

submission date and job abroad

Post by obormot » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:33 am

Trying to help a friend who just submitted application. It seems they got two issues:

1. They were working in UK all the time (so they will upload P60 forms), but they also had part-time employment abroad for a couple of years, which they did not list. Should they have mentioned it in the form?
(I guess they can still write about it in a cover letter)
It is not self employment, but it is (clearly) something where there is no PAYE. Should they submit tax form?

2. They submitted on Saturday (25/07), and received email with payment confirmation and application number ("Reference number UKVI..." - with some letters and numbers).
Then on Monday (27/07) they received another email from UKVI - "thank you for your application" with case number (8 digits).
Which one is the date when "application was received by HO"?

Apparently they travelled out of the country on 28/07 five years ago.. (i.e. they were in UK on the 28/07 in the morning, and then took a flight to leave UK in the evening).
Guidance says "if application was received on 27/07 then you had to be physically present 5 years ago on 28/07". So probably even if the date of application is 27/07 they might be fine.. (since it seems HO counts days of departure as days when you were physically present, no?)

Any opinions? Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: submission date and job abroad

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:51 am

The date of application is the date you pay and submit i.e. 25/7/2020 in your case. So he should be physically present 5 years ago on 26/7/2015.

If he left on 28/7/2015 there are no issues.

Only employment in UK is required to be listed not abroad.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.