ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Tier 1 Qualification Points Assessment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deepak shanbhag
Newly Registered

Query on Tier 1 Qualification Points Assessment

Post by deepak shanbhag » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:34 pm

I graduatted from Manipal Academy of Higher education (MAHE 2002) which has recently been named as Manipal University ( on May 1 2007). The new points based calculator for Tier 1 has Manipal University but does not contain the older name MAHE listed.

Should I get a comparibility certificate from NARIC.

I have attached a fee evidences with my application form to support the change in name for the university

i. The letter from the university that the degree was taught in English which I got from thr university recently has a reference to the Manipal University in its letter head
ii. The print out of the official website highlighting the college to be aprt of the Manipal University
iii. Print out of the Press Release on the internet webpage along with the application.

I had orignally asked the contact center regarding this but they said that they can check this themselves with the NARIC. But I am not confident on this one as generally different case workers treat applications in a different light.

Do you guys think this is a problem ? Can anything be done now to mitigate the problem now by provoding any additional evidences apart from the above after dispatching the application. Has any one earlier experienced such an issue.

Thanks,
Deepak

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:00 pm

My two cents -
i) is a useless evidence.
ii) and iii) can be used as evidence to prove the point (name / status change).

You may want to get a letter from NARIC - for your own peace of mind rather than anything else. If you decide to get it, there's no need to include it in your application (but you may still choose to do so).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

deepak shanbhag
Newly Registered

Post by deepak shanbhag » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:28 pm

Do you mean that I need not bother about this any more as I have attached the latter two evidences.
These evidences are direct printouts from the internet but nothing that is endorsed by the college.

The first evidence which is the letter from the college and endorsed by the college I thought would have more weightage than the latter 2 as they are mere printouts

Should I get a NARIC letter and post it now to consider this as well along with the orignal application. Will that be helpful.

Thanks,
Deepak

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:11 am

The letter you have states that your degree was taught in English - a letter that has *no relevance* as far as Tier 1 documentary evidence is concerned. That the letter happens to mention the name change is just a (good) co-incidence for you. But name change is not the intended subject of this letter.

So if you want to get a letter from your college to add "weight" to your application, then get one with name change as its only subject.

As I said, NARIC letter is for just *your* satisfaction. UKBA doesn't need the letter as they have access to the entire NARIC database.

Get my point?

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ajai
Newly Registered

Post by ajai » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:04 pm

[quote="deepak shanbhag"]Do you mean that I need not bother about this any more as I have attached the latter two evidences.
These evidences are direct printouts from the internet but nothing that is endorsed by the college.

The first evidence which is the letter from the college and endorsed by the college I thought would have more weightage than the latter 2 as they are mere printouts

Should I get a NARIC letter and post it now to consider this as well along with the orignal application. Will that be helpful.

Thanks,
Deepak[/quote]

Hi Deepak,
Thanks for your concern on this. Can you please let me know your outcome after this ? Thanks in advance....

Please can you post of what happened to your application and specifically the outcome of MAHE which is not there in their PBS....

Sincere Regards,
Ajai