ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship documents checklist

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juhi
United Kingdom

citizenship documents checklist

Post by juhi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 pm

Hi all,
We ( 2 children and I) have received our ILRs and are applying for our citizenship. We have submitted and paid for the application and now about to upload the documents. However, I would like to know if I'm uploading all the necessary documents for the last and final time.
Main documents -
My Passport,
BRP
marriage certificate
Life in uk test certificate
NARIC English comparative certificate
Our children's Passport
Children's BRP
Children's birth certificates
Husband's passport (all pages) and his naturalisation certificate

Pls may I confirm, if we need to provide rental renewal agreements as proof of residence
Bank statements of 6 months for financial status
sponsor's P60 and employee letter confirming his job and pay? as have been providing these for the past applications. Appreciate you help
Thanks In advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: citizenship documents checklist

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 pm

Pls may I confirm, if we need to provide rental renewal agreements as proof of residence
sponsor's P60 and employee letter confirming his job and pay? as have been providing these for the past applications.
No, not required. You are not making an immigration application under the immigration rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:36 pm

juhi wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 pm
Hi all,
We ( 2 children and I) have received our ILRs and are applying for our citizenship. We have submitted and paid for the application and now about to upload the documents. However, I would like to know if I'm uploading all the necessary documents for the last and final time.
Main documents -
My Passport,
BRP
marriage certificate
Our children's Passport
Children's BRP

sponsor's P60 and employee letter confirming his job and pay? as have been providing these for the past applications. Appreciate you help
Thanks In advance

The checklist will give you a list of all documents required.
If you are non-EU, you only require passport(s) as proof of living in the UK. Nothing else.

I am assuming your husband has a British Passport. You only need the bio page to upload thats it. No need for full British Passport pages or naturalisation certificate.

But you should upload full pages for your passport including the blank pages.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:32 pm
sponsor's P60 and employee letter confirming his job and pay? as have been providing these for the past applications.
No, not required. You are not making an immigration application under the immigration rules.
Ok, that makes sense! :)
Thank you so much for your prompt response.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:58 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:36 pm
juhi wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:31 pm
Hi all,
Main documents -
My Passport,
BRP
marriage certificate
Our children's Passport
Children's BRP

Thanks In advance

The checklist will give you a list of all documents required.
If you are non-EU, you only require passport(s) as proof of living in the UK. Nothing else.

I am assuming your husband has a British Passport. You only need the bio page to upload thats it. No need for full British Passport pages or naturalisation certificate.

But you should upload full pages for your passport including the blank pages.
Appreciate your response. Thank you for the clarification.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:09 pm

In the guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... uly_20.pdf
It says (page 40):
"You should provide a complete and full copy of your spouse’s or civil partner’s current passport. Every page in the passport must be copied including the blank pages"
But you can provide naturalization certificate INSTEAD of passport.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:00 pm

I have uploaded my husband's first and last page of PP and also his naturalization certificate, just in case. Would it be sufficient?
Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 pm

juhi wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:00 pm
I have uploaded my husband's first and last page of PP and also his naturalization certificate, just in case. Would it be sufficient?
Thanks again
Yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Ah! Thank you so much CR001! this has put me at ease and I am about to finish my uploading process.
Will keep you guys updated.

Thank You
Kindest Regards