ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issuing Tier 2 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Aj13783
Newly Registered
India

Issuing Tier 2 Restricted COS

Post by Aj13783 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:53 am

Hi,

My employer had offered me a role in UK and i was bound to come there by April. But because of COVID, it got pushed. Around end of June, i submitted all my documents for Tier 2 General and the consultancy told me that she will have the COS ready by 13th July. I haven't received update from them and waiting for it.

Can anyone please explain the timelines for COS issuance? This is for Tier 2 General Restricted VISA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Issuing Tier 2 Restricted COS

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 am

Around end of June, i submitted all my documents for Tier 2 General
What exactly do you mean by this? Submitted what and to whom?
and the consultancy told me that she will have the COS ready by 13th July. I haven't received update from them and waiting for it.
The Restricted CoS allocation meeting happens only once a month, on the 13th of every month. Not all RCoS that are submitted are approved by UKVI, for a variety of reasons. Your sponsor would have had to submit the RCoS to UKVI by the 5th July for it to be considered at the monthly allocation meeting. If they submitted it after the 5th, it will go into the August RCoS allocation meeting.

A 'consultancy' or immigration advisor has no control over this process or any influence over this process.

Presumably your employer you will be working for is a licensed Tier 2 sponsor. What is the SOC??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aj13783
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aj13783 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 am
I had shared the relevant documents with the Attorney for filling my COS.

and the consultancy told me that she will have the COS ready by 13th July. I haven't received update from them and waiting for it.
The Restricted CoS allocation meeting happens only once a month, on the 13th of every month. Not all RCoS that are submitted are approved by UKVI, for a variety of reasons. Your sponsor would have had to submit the RCoS to UKVI by the 5th July for it to be considered at the monthly allocation meeting. If they submitted it after the 5th, it will go into the August RCoS allocation meeting.

A 'consultancy' or immigration advisor has no control over this process or any influence over this process.

Presumably your employer you will be working for is a licensed Tier 2 sponsor. What is the SOC??[/quote]

Yes, my employer is a Tier 2 sponsor. I am not well aware of the SOC, but my role is Analytics Manager. i looked at the SOC 2020 site and found this.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/methodology/clas ... unitgroups

Not sure whether this is the one:
11 Corporate managers and directors

Really thanks for the quick response CR001 :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:02 am
I had shared the relevant documents with the Attorney for filling my COS.
It wasn't clear from your post if you were referring to the actual visa application or something else. There is nothing other than your passport that is required for the CoS. So unclear what 'all documents' you have submitted.

Presumably your employer you will be working for is a licensed Tier 2 sponsor. What is the SOC??
Yes, my employer is a Tier 2 sponsor. I am not well aware of the SOC, but my role is Analytics Manager. i looked at the SOC 2020 site and found this.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/methodology/clas ... unitgroups

Not sure whether this is the one:
11 Corporate managers and directors
The link you have posted is irrelevant to Tier 2 Genearl SOC (standard occupation code).

The non shortage SOC list is Appendix J, link below.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work

The shortage SOC list is Appendix K, link below.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ation-list

Appendix J and K have different requirements that a sponsor has to meet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:19 am

Please do NOT ask questions in the TIMELINE ONLY thread. Any such posts will be removed. If you have questions, continue in this topic which is your topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aj13783
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aj13783 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:40 pm

Sorry to trouble by posting in out of country timelines.

Is there a way to track the application? I tried searching in google but havent got a straight forward answer.