ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid Passport but ID card Expiring

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jigars143
Pakistan

Renting Property by Partner

Post by jigars143 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Hi, I am not sure how to answer question on SET(M) application form for my wife about "DO YOU OWN OR RENT HOME".

We live in a rented property but the tenancy agreement is on my name. How will she answer this question. Should she select Neither Own or Rent and provide in details that husband provides the property but then I have to answer the below questions.

I will provide:

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement

Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport

Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there

I am a bit confused, would appreciate help.

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Renting Property by Partner

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:52 pm

We live in a rented property but the tenancy agreement is on my name. How will she answer this question. Should she select Neither Own or Rent and provide in details that husband provides the property but then I have to answer the below questions.
Simply state rented.
I will provide:

Proof of property ownership from the owner of the property you live in, such as a mortgage statement

Copy of an ID document of the owner of the property you live in, such as a passport

Letter signed by the owner of the property you live in stating that you have permission to live there
None of this is required for ILR on SET(M). You only need your tenancy agreement and 2 years evidence of cohabitation documents in both of your names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:56 pm

jigars143 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 pm

You will probably need noc letter from landlord/letting agent allowing your partner to reside there since she wasn't named on tenancy agreement.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:44 am

Great. Thanks Seagul and CRO01 (as always).

jigars143
Pakistan

Valid Passport but ID card Expiring

Post by jigars143 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 pm

Hi,
Just a quick question. I am applying next week for my wife's visa. She has a valid passport but the ID card is expiring in couple of weeks. Will this be an issue?

In my opinion, it should be fine as she has a valid passport.

Regards

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Valid Passport but ID card Expiring

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:51 pm

jigars143 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi,
Just a quick question. I am applying next week for my wife's visa. She has a valid passport but the ID card is expiring in couple of weeks. Will this be an issue?

Regards
ID card is irrelevant. It is not an important question. You can still mention the NIC number in the form. The NIC number is stated on the Pakistani passport anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:16 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:51 pm
jigars143 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:48 pm
Hi,

Regards
ID card is irrelevant. It is not an important question. You can still mention the NIC number in the form. The NIC number is stated on the Pakistani passport anyways.
Thanks Cullinan, I thought the same

jigars143
Pakistan

Post by jigars143 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:51 pm

Hi

on Set (M) application on 5 yr route when home office asks to confirm you resided together for 2.5 yrs what documents we can provide. I am only providing bank statements for past 1 yr for personal and joint accounts.

it is tricky to get everything for 2.5 years. your input is appreciated as always

Rgds

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:04 pm

You need to prove cohabitation for the last two years, with documents form 3 to 6 different sources, in either joint names or addressed to each of individually. You need to spread the evidence out evenly for every 3 to 4 months for the two years.

Evidence such as council tax, utility bills, NHS letters, HMRC letters, TV licence, DVLA, etc etc
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.