ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading Documents and Appointments

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manishaahuja
Newly Registered
India

Uploading Documents and Appointments

Post by manishaahuja » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi Guys,

I am also in the same sort of situation, submitted my application on the 31st of July, and got the invite for biometric re-use. I still haven't submitted my document albeit having uploaded them all. I have a few questions and hoping some of you might be able to answer:
1. UKVCAS suggests following the categories when uploading the documents. I'm sponsored by my husband for earnings and all that. So at one stage, it asks you have to submit the sponsor's passport and if you can't then you'd have to copy each and every page of the sponsor's passport - what are you guys doing about this?
2. Applicant's passport - when you uploaded this did you scan all the pages or just 1st and the last page? Also, did anyone of you uploaded your previous passports? Or are you hoping that this requirement will be covered by sending the passports in the post?
3. After submitting and completing the upcoming IDV procedure I am expecting they'll ask for the passports to be sent to them in the post - if this your understanding as well.

Also, I've noticed in some of the earlier posts it has been suggested that you don't need to use the categories, however, on the UKVCAS upload section the "category" field says the following:
Category: Your supporting documents need to be submitted under the recommended categories. Our upload facility allows for this and having the right documents in the right category will make your documents easier to find and review, so we suggest that you organise and upload your supporting documents in the correct categories.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Manisha

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Uploading Documents and Appointments

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:02 pm

manishaahuja wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:00 pm
Hi Guys,

I am also in the same sort of situation, submitted my application on the 31st of July, and got the invite for biometric re-use. I still haven't submitted my document albeit having uploaded them all. I have a few questions and hoping some of you might be able to answer:
1. UKVCAS suggests following the categories when uploading the documents. I'm sponsored by my husband for earnings and all that. So at one stage, it asks you have to submit the sponsor's passport and if you can't then you'd have to copy each and every page of the sponsor's passport - what are you guys doing about this?
2. Applicant's passport - when you uploaded this did you scan all the pages or just 1st and the last page? Also, did anyone of you uploaded your previous passports? Or are you hoping that this requirement will be covered by sending the passports in the post?
3. After submitting and completing the upcoming IDV procedure I am expecting they'll ask for the passports to be sent to them in the post - if this your understanding as well.

Also, I've noticed in some of the earlier posts it has been suggested that you don't need to use the categories, however, on the UKVCAS upload section the "category" field says the following:
Category: Your supporting documents need to be submitted under the recommended categories. Our upload facility allows for this and having the right documents in the right category will make your documents easier to find and review, so we suggest that you organise and upload your supporting documents in the correct categories.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Manisha
Moderators OP is struggling to start a new topic. Please split this post into a new topic. Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Uploading Documents and Appointments

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:08 pm

1) I am not sure about that.
2) The best approach is to upload all pages including the blank pages. There have been instances where HO has asked for full passport later on so to avoid that best to upload full.
3) No originals are sent to UKVI. All documents are scanned and uploaded only.
4) The categories are generic. Upload in whichever category you think fits best.
Follow:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.