ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Could My Tibetan Niece Study A-Levels/Highers in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ramsay

Could My Tibetan Niece Study A-Levels/Highers in UK

Post by Ramsay » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm

I know overseas students can study degrees (at a huge cost) but can they study A-Levels / Scottish Highers at college?

Looking in to my Niece possibly studying hers over here next year.

Anyone know what sort of prices colleges would charge because I've looked at a few and can't find anything?

Cheers

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: Could My Tibetan Niece Study A-Levels/Highers in UK

Post by sakura » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:17 am

Ramsay wrote:I know overseas students can study degrees (at a huge cost) but can they study A-Levels / Scottish Highers at college?

Looking in to my Niece possibly studying hers over here next year.

Anyone know what sort of prices colleges would charge because I've looked at a few and can't find anything?

Cheers
She will probably have to pay high fees (anywhere from £3,000 to £6,000pa, but considering these courses are generally free, that is a somewhat large cost for a 16-18 year-old to make). Some examples of fees from colleges in the UK that I have randomly selected;
WestKing College
City of Westminster College
Cardonald College Glasgow

You should talk to the British Council in China or neighbouring country for more info; if the fees and other living expenses are too high, then you might consider her taking the courses in her country. If you have some colleges in the UK in mind, you can talk directly to the student recruitment department.