ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: Delay in application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doppleganger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

URGENT: Delay in application

Post by doppleganger » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Hello. I applied for naturalisation in early February and at the 5 month mark, I emailed home office asking for an update. They emailed me back and stated my application is being held, as I didn't provide proof of English language and that I have until the 30th of July to email them proof, so I emailed them my certificate for my B1 SELT examination (on the 17th of july). ( I only disclosed my life in the UK , indefinite leave to remain and GCSE/A-Level certificates as I was unaware that I needed to take a B1 SELT. It has now past 6 months since I applied. When should I expect to hear back from them if its approved? and has anyone else had a similar experience where an application was held due to insufficient documents?

secret.simon

Re: URGENT: Delay in application

Post by secret.simon » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 pm

Generally, if an application is being held back for lack of documentation, that means that it has not even started being processed. So, now that they have all the documents they may need, it will likely now be assigned to a caseworker.
doppleganger wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:48 pm
I was unaware that I needed to take a B1 SELT.
You have not mentioned the basis of your ILR, but I presume that it is a refugee ILR or one under Appendix EU, because almost all other ILRs also require a B1 test. Applications by ILR holders of both those types have had issues in the recent past. See this thread for refugee ILR holders and this thread for recent changes to the requirements regarding Settled Status/Appendix EU ILR holders.

The Covid pandemic seems to have slowed down the grant of approvals and in cases when the approvals have occurred, there has been a slowdown in citizenship ceremonies being held and certificates being issued. See this thread for more information.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

doppleganger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by doppleganger » Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:25 am

Thank you for your response. So does that mean I will have to wait another 6 months until a decision is reached. And in regards to the type of ILR, I’m not a refugee so I would assume it’s the latter. I have been in the country for 19 years and had my ILR for 10 years.

gokmev
Newly Registered

Post by gokmev » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:39 am

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation, applied in February and haven't received anything back. I suspect you contacting them has actually drawn attention to your case. May I ask how did you contact them, i.e. which email address?

Thanks

doppleganger
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by doppleganger » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Hi,

I used these 3 emails but I do not actually know which one worked. They emailed me back after 3 days asking for the relevant documents.

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

NationalityCaseworkDecisionService@homeoffice.gov.uk

The email they sent me to send my documents is :

nationalityfurtherinformationrequests@homeoffice.gov.uk

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:10 pm

The standard time is 6 months. More or less mileage varies on the case.
You can ask for an update after 6 months have passed.
How long will it take? No one can tell.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.