ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant on the previous visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

begood1
Newly Registered
India

Dependant on the previous visa

Post by begood1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:10 pm

Dear Experts,

My friend is a doctor from India working for a NHS on a Tier 2 Work Visa (Lets call first sponsor).

In March 2020, He changed the job and working for a new hospital (new sponsor - lets call second sponsor) and with that his BRP changed as well as it was a new Visa application. But his wife and son are still on the dependant visa which was issued by the first sponsor. His wife and son have still have visa validity for about 1.5 years more.

As he have changed job and working for a new hospital ( new sponsor - second sponsor), can his wife and son can come to UK with the depedendant visa which was issued by the first sponsor? OR they have to apply new Visa again? . They are currently in India right now

Any help highy appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant on the previous visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:15 pm

Their visas remain valid. There is no requirement to apply for dependent visas when the main tier 2 visa holders changes sponsors.

PBS Dependents are dependent on the main tier 2 visa holder NOT the tier 2 sponsoring employer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i2siss
Algeria

Re: Dependant on the previous visa

Post by i2siss » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:15 pm
Their visas remain valid. There is no requirement to apply for dependent visas when the main tier 2 visa holders changes sponsors.

PBS Dependents are dependent on the main tier 2 visa holder NOT the tier 2 sponsoring employer.
Would switching from Tier 2 to global talent visa follow the same rule?

Cheers
Smail