ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence ILR application : General questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sandy2017
India

Long residence ILR application : General questions

Post by Sandy2017 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Hi,

sorry for few general questions but don't want to keep any doubts before i submit my application.

Q1: Passport Issuing authority (On your passport this could also be referred to as 'country of issue' or 'place of issue'.)
I am Indian national but passport is issued in Birmingham UK when renewed few years back. Thus Place of issue on passport is Birmingham.
So What i should enter at passport issuing authority?
Birmingham
Birmingham (Issued by Republic of India)
Republic of India

Q2 . Are the original passports and BRP need to be sent to UKBA and how if needed?
if not can i upload scan copies of all pages of the passports and BRP.

Q3. I extended my VISA last time in Sept 2019 but not received letters with home office reference number.
Is that possible to request the same to UKBA now to enter in the ILR application?

Q4. When i entered in UK in Sept 2010 I received company accommodation for 15 Days thus not having any proof of residence for that period. My house agreement starts from 16th Sept 2010.
Offcource passport is stamped on 1st Sept 2010 but residence proof missing on council tax or agreements etc.
Is that better to have a letter from employer to prove initial 15days residence or P60 is enough?

Thanks for your help in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Long residence ILR application : General questions

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:08 pm

1) India (issued in Birmingham)
2) No originals are sent. Documents are scanned amd uploaded. Yes you can. File size should not exceed 6MB.
3) This is an “if known” question. You can use your BRP card number also.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:16 pm

Sandy2017 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Q4. When i entered in UK in Sept 2010 I received company accommodation for 15 Days thus not having any proof of residence for that period. My house agreement starts from 16th Sept 2010.
Offcource passport is stamped on 1st Sept 2010 but residence proof missing on council tax or agreements etc.
Is that better to have a letter from employer to prove initial 15days residence or P60 is enough?

Thanks for your help in advance.
Above won't be needed for long residence application. Your passport can prove it.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:30 am

thanks all for your quick reply!

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 am

Hi,

Almost ready to submit ILR Long residence application now but having few doubts for few questions.

Please find below questions with my answers to they as below,

Q1. Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
ANS: yes and I am adding my close family details ....anyway there is limit of 500 characters

Q2. Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
ANS: Yes and I am declaring my close friends again with explanation of very difficult to meet everyone when i visited India due to their own set schedule etc.

Q3. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
ANS: No, As i am residing in UK from last 10 years, I am more involved in social activities in UK and thus I am not the part of any social groups in India.

Can somebody please comment if i am doing right or suggestions to answer this?
Would like to know if saying No to social groups back home is considered as negative for application result?

Thanks in advance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:20 am

Sandy2017 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:34 am
Hi,

Almost ready to submit ILR Long residence application now but having few doubts for few questions.

Please find below questions with my answers to they as below,

Q1. Do you have any family in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
ANS: yes and I am adding my close family details ....anyway there is limit of 500 characters

Q2. Do you have any friends in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
ANS: Yes and I am declaring my close friends again with explanation of very difficult to meet everyone when i visited India due to their own set schedule etc.

Q3. Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
ANS: No, As i am residing in UK from last 10 years, I am more involved in social activities in UK and thus I am not the part of any social groups in India.

Can somebody please comment if i am doing right or suggestions to answer this?
Would like to know if saying No to social groups back home is considered as negative for application result?

Thanks in advance.
Your answers are to be factual as it applies to you and your reality. Nothing to fear about the above questions as it is not a trick to catch you out, there is no negative to you providing the correct response as applicable to you the applicant.

Sandy2017
India

Long residence ILR application : redundancy situation

Post by Sandy2017 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for you support till now but need more help.

Just to reiterate, I am on Tier2 ICT visa from last 10 Years.
I have applied for 10 years Long Residence ILR in September and now waiting for the decision.

My company is talking about redundancy and my position is at risk.

Q1. If I am not getting my ILR application decision before i lose my job, is there any effect on my ILR application result?
Q2. Can i continue to stay here until i get decision?
Q3. After losing my Job and not having ILR decision, do my company need to send me back to India?

Thanks again in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:36 pm

Q1. If I am not getting my ILR application decision before i lose my job, is there any effect on my ILR application result?
You are not applying for ILR based on your tier 2 sponsor. If you lose your job, it is irrelevant to your ILR LR application. Note if you lose your job, you cannot then work for another employer until you are granted ILR and the ILR BRP.
Q2. Can i continue to stay here until i get decision?
Yes.
Q3. After losing my Job and not having ILR decision, do my company need to send me back to India?
No but that is up to your company and the terms of your employment contract. You must not leave the UK while an application is pending though, it will be considered withdrawn and you will lose your fee paid.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:42 pm

Many Thanks CR001.
As always appreciate your quick response.

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Sorry i missed one more point

My wife is on Tier 2 dependent visa and applied for ILR with me in September.

Can she take up employment if i lose my job?
I mean to ask since she is dependent on me, will the same rule apply to her that she can't work for any employer's until ILR decision?

Thanks in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Sandy2017 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:50 pm

I mean to ask since she is dependent on me, will the same rule apply to her that she can't work for any employer's until ILR decision?

Thanks in advance.
She would retain the same rights as were previously by virtue of section 3C and will be allowed to keep working with the same employer. A new employer will unlikely hire someone without a physical visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:26 pm

Sandy2017 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Thanks in advance.
On what basis did your wife apply for ILR? How long has she been in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Thanks seagul.
much appreciated!

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello Cr001,

My wife applied on 10 Year long residence route same as me.
She came in UK along with me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:31 pm

Sandy2017 wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:30 pm
Hello Cr001,

My wife applied on 10 Year long residence route same as me.
She came in UK along with me.
And she completed her own separate SET(LR) form, independent of yours?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:02 pm

yes she submitted LR application independent of me.

I mean she is dependent on my visa from last 10 Years but i think long residence application is independent since she spent 10 years here on Tier 2 dependent visa.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:10 pm

Sandy2017 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:02 pm
yes she submitted LR application independent of me.

I mean she is dependent on my visa from last 10 Years but i think long residence application is independent since she spent 10 years here on Tier 2 dependent visa.
Her previous rights will still remain intact until the date of decision, and even until her all appeal rights will totally be exhausted.

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:33 pm

Thanks for your responses.

My son is born in UK and living here for more then 7 years. I have not applied for ILR for my son since thought of applying for citizenship directly once we get ILR on 10 year basis.

Now if i am losing my job his tier2 dependent visa (current validity Oct 2021) will not be valid.
So what i should do for my son if i am not getting my ILR before i lose my job.

1. Can i apply for his citizenship before getting ILR approval?
is there any way i can state that my ILR application is in process?
2. can he stay without visa until i get ILR approval and i apply for his citizenship once i get ILR?
is that will affect his citizenship application since overstayed?
3. any other thoughts

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

1. No you cannot.

2. Yes. You will likely have to pay for NHS use at 150% though once he doesn't have a valid visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

chpramesh
Newly Registered
India

Post by chpramesh » Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:23 pm

Hi,

Is your application successful? I am planning to apply this month in the same category.

Sandy2017
India

Post by Sandy2017 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:43 am

Sorry, my application is still under consideration.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 am

chpramesh wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:23 pm
Hi,

Is your application successful?
I think not yet, still processing
I am planning to apply this month in the same category. You may want to start your own threads to clarify your circumstances.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:27 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:15 am
chpramesh wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:23 pm
Hi,

Is your application successful?
I think not yet, still processing
I am planning to apply this month in the same category. You may want to start your own threads to clarify your circumstances.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/long-stay-ca ... l#p1936493
Char (CR001 not Casa)