ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resigning right after the ILR decision letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

whdkfk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Resigning right after the ILR decision letter

Post by whdkfk » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 am

I'm a Tier 2 General visa holder and I'm waiting for my ILR (Set O).

Is the ILR valid from the moment I receive the decision letter, or do I have to wait for the BRP card to arrive?

I am in a situation where I have to resign ASAP due to my notice period.

Once I receive the decision letter, is it safe to quit? Would my visa status be updated online straight away? Do I need to inform my employer before quitting that I have ILR?

Many thanks for advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Resigning right after the ILR decision letter

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:36 pm

You may even not receive decision letter at all or receive it later after you have received the BRP.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

humanist100
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Resigning right after the ILR decision letter

Post by humanist100 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:40 pm

whdkfk wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:19 am
I'm a Tier 2 General visa holder and I'm waiting for my ILR (Set O).

Is the ILR valid from the moment I receive the decision letter, or do I have to wait for the BRP card to arrive?

I am in a situation where I have to resign ASAP due to my notice period.

Once I receive the decision letter, is it safe to quit? Would my visa status be updated online straight away? Do I need to inform my employer before quitting that I have ILR?

Many thanks for advice.
The decision letter will say that its not the proof of immigration. Its better to wait for the card.