ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Submission

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imma8080
India

Need clarity - ILR

Post by imma8080 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:03 pm

Hello All,

Sorry for the trouble, but need some clarity on the ILR application.

I'm applying for ILR for myself, wife and son. I understand that the 180 days absent requirement is not applicable for dependents whose visa was issues to prior to Jan 2018.

Date of Visa Issued: 25/Feb/2015
Date of Visa Issued (Renewal): 08/May/2017 (my visa was renewed along with hers)

Below are the number of days taken since Jan 2018

12 January 2018 12 February 2018 - 31 days
21 June 2018 23 January 2019 - 216 days
24 April 2019 11 May 2019 - 17 days
04 November 2019 04 December 2019 - 30 days

While applying for the ILR application, i kind of get confused with this question:
    Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? I think this should be Yes as her 5 year period is covering this time range.

In the application, I should just enter the above details in the schedule absence and nothing prior to that. Is that right?

Thank you as always.

imma8080
    India

Re: Need clarity - ILR

Post by imma8080 » Fri May 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Also, does she also has to complete Life in the UK test for her ILR?

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:24 pm

Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? I think this should be Yes as her 5 year period is covering this time range.
    The answer is NO if her most recent visa was issued BEFORE 11th January 2018.
    In the application, I should just enter the above details in the schedule absence and nothing prior to that. Is that right?
    No, there is NO absence limit for pbs Dependents whose visas are issued before 11 January 2018.
    imma8080 wrote:
    Fri May 22, 2020 4:16 pm
    Also, does she also has to complete Life in the UK test for her ILR?
    She need English B1 and the liuk test for ilr. It is mandatory.
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:28 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, yes I have the NARIC letter confirming her english knowledge but the problem is Life in the UK test. She had the test book, two weeks ago and due to the lockdown caused by Covid-19. She couldn't take her test.

We are in catch-22 situation where her application couldn't be proceed further as she has passed her in life in the uk test and at the same, the test centers are closed.

Appreciate if you can give some guidance.

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:29 pm

She can still apply and then book the test when centres open and before her biometric appointment.
    Char (CR001 not Casa)
    Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply again. Below if the question that been asked and if I press Yes, then it requires me to enter the Life in the UK test certificate number and if I click no, I'm been asked to if I'm claiming an except.

Have you passed the Life in the UK test?

Are you claiming exemption from this requirement because a physical or other condition prevents you from taking the Life in the UK test or doing a speaking and listening qualification in English?
    Yes/No

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:36 pm

Simply say no. HO is obviously aware of the issues!! No one will be penalised for doing the test after submitting inline form.
    Char (CR001 not Casa)

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Fri May 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Thanks for the response, man, you are life saver :)

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Mon May 25, 2020 6:55 am

Hi,

I'm almost done with the applications for myself, wife and child. Just need confirmation on these three points below, I can see that you have commented in the past as "Third party" for the first two points below, but since , its been a while, I wanted to confirm it again.

# Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

I don't get any financial information from anyone else so I believe the answer for this "No" , my wife (a PBS dependant) isn't working and relies on my from financial support, will this be "Yes" for her?

# Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
    When it says "Jointly" , does this mean, my wife or a third party.

# If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.
    Note 3: Residence permits have been issued to certain foreign nationals since 25 November 2008 when they have been given permission to remain in the UK. Unless reported lost or stolen, they should be enclosed with any application for further permission to remain in the UK.

In the past 2 years, i do have have the supporting documentation for 1 1/2 years , my wife was in India for our first child for 6 months , should I have go back for another 6 months so provide the documentation?

Appreciate your help as always.

imma8080
    India

ILR SUBMISSION

Post by imma8080 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:02 am

Hello All,

My Tier 2 general visa expires on June 4th and biometrics centres are opening gradually from June 1st. I have completed the application and paid the fees.

I'm not sure when does the biometrics centre in my town is going to open as its not part of the phase 1 opening centres. I understand there right to stay in the UK even whilst a decision is made on the application but in my case, my application has not reached UK home office until the biometrics are done. Would I have right to stay between June 4th and whatever date, I do the biometrics.

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Re: ILR SUBMISSION

Post by CR001 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:29 am

Topics merged!!

Date of application is the date of online submission and payment and is the point at which HO considers it an in time application. Date of biometric appointment is irrelevant.
    Char (CR001 not Casa)

imma8080
    India

Re: ILR SUBMISSION

Post by imma8080 » Sat May 30, 2020 10:45 am

Thank you as always!!

imma8080
    India

Document Submission

Post by imma8080 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 am

Hi All,

I booked a bio-metrics appointment later this month for my ILR (SET:O).

I have uploaded all the documents in the UKVCAS site and submitted them. I have also sent the same documents to WandScontengency email as I received an email from them to submit.

Upon reading the QR scan email that I received. I been asked to bring the hard-copies of the supporting documents that I uploaded. Personally to me, it defies the logic of having the documents uploading process, unless they want to cross the documents. From what I have read from the forum, itseems only the original passport and BRP are required. Can someone shed some light on this please?

Please note you must bring to your appointment:

the attached confirmation notice, containing the QR barcode for each group member – without it you cannot attend the appointment
    all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online

CR001
    Mood:
    South Africa

Re: Document Submission

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:08 am

Topics merged again!!
    Char (CR001 not Casa)

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:30 pm

imma8080 wrote:
    Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:51 am
    Hi All,

I booked a bio-metrics appointment later this month for my ILR (SET:O).

I have uploaded all the documents in the UKVCAS site and submitted them. I have also sent the same documents to WandScontengency email as I received an email from them to submit.

Upon reading the QR scan email that I received. I been asked to bring the hard-copies of the supporting documents that I uploaded. Personally to me, it defies the logic of having the documents uploading process, unless they want to cross the documents. From what I have read from the forum, itseems only the original passport and BRP are required. Can someone shed some light on this please?

Please note you must bring to your appointment:

the attached confirmation notice, containing the QR barcode for each group member – without it you cannot attend the appointment
    all your original supporting documents – you will need them to complete your appointment, even if you have already uploaded copies online
    Appreciate if someone can provide some guidance on this please?

CULLINAN
    Respected Guru
    Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:35 pm

Carry all “originals” like passport, BRP, LIUK, English certificate/UK degree etc. Its best to carry in case a poor scan needs to be redone.
    Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you, felt strange that no one has been requested to carry the originals.

CULLINAN
    Respected Guru
    Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:49 pm

imma8080 wrote:
    Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm
    Thats the standard and everyone is requested to do so. They wont check it but good to carry on the safer side.
    Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

seagul
    Diamond Member
    Mood:
    United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:58 pm

imma8080 wrote:
    Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:39 pm
    If you haven't bought their documents checking service then most likely the original document won't be asked unless the core document such as passport/BRP gets revealed as missing.
    The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

imma8080
    India

Post by imma8080 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:35 pm

My appointment is booked in an Enhanced centre that does include Document checking service so this is the reason, people who selected Enhanced centres have been asked to bring in their supporting documents and people selected Core centres haven't been asked. This is my understanding.