ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living together proof and length of time question for unmarried partner visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

RobBowring
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Living together proof and length of time question for unmarried partner visa

Post by RobBowring » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Hi All,

I'm pretty confident of being able to meet all the requirements for the partner/spousal visa but I'm having a mini-panic around the circumstances of the 'being in a relationship akin to a marriage/real relationship for 2 years' part.

I arrived in Brazil on a tourist visa in 2015 and began living with my partner in Early 2016. In summer 2017, I came back to the UK to organise a permanent Brazilian visa so we could stay there without any worries. I gained a family visa for Brazil, with my partners name literally written on the visa itself. This came through after around 3 months and I returned to Brazil on the permanent visa in September 2017. We lived together until June 2019 when I again returned to the Uk for employment in order to begin meeting the financial requirements of the unmarried partner visa. My girlfriend visited me regularly in the months after, even staying for approx 5 weeks btwn end of october-beginning of December, and I went back to brazil for Christmas and new year. Her final visit here was in February 2020. Because of covid my flight there in April was cancelled and I'll go there again in a couple of weeks, visiting for 3 weeks.

The issue concerning my mini panic, I'm wondering about the difference in my visa status when I was in Brazil, and whether this is going to effect the application for a spousal visa? Specifically, will our time living together whilst I was on my tourist visa (early 2016-June 2017), prior to me gaining the Brazilian family visa (September 2017), be acceptable in counting towards the 2 years the UK immigration office wants to see as being in a real relationship 'akin to a marriage'?

Interested to hear your thoughts, as it has been semi-scrambling my brain! Thanks very much!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Living together proof and length of time question for unmarried partner visa

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:30 pm

The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.