ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR - Wife passport is not available to show at the appointment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maazkay09
Pakistan

ILR based on Long Residence: documents for evidence

Post by Maazkay09 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:17 pm

Dear respected members of this forum
I have a few questions that I would like to receive your answer on:

Q1 - I am going to apply for an ILR in July 2020 based on Long Residence (LR) category. Because my current leave to remain is spouse visa married to a British citizen. Do I it still need to provide cohabitation documents if I am going to apply for an ILR based on LR?

Q2 - If yes, what exactly I am showing? Because I don’t have council tax documentation on my name neither utility bills. We live in a flat and the landlord is paying bills for everything and we only provide him monthly rent that also includes bills money. So I don’t have some documents apart from the job, phone, HMRC, bank and employers letter. Are they going to be sufficient?

Q3 – Since we live in England and I work in Scotland, I also rented temporary shared accommodation in my work city, however, my main accommodation is where my spouse currently works and lives. Should I also need to show documents for this temporary accommodation? Do I have to declare both addresses?

Q4 - Or perhaps I am over thinking because I am going to apply ILR based on my long residence, so perhaps I need mainly passport, travel, tax and employer-related documents? Is this right?

My timeline:
I arrived in the UK in August 2010. Remained mostly on the Tier4 general student visa category without any rejection/interruption and got married in 2018. Few times I went outside the UK I spent duration as following: 3 weeks (2017), 7 weeks (50 days (2018)), 3 weeks (2019) and 3 days (2019).

I highly appreciate your help.
Stay safe and look after each other

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR based on Long Residence: documents for evidence

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:20 pm

Q1. No.

Q2. See above.

Q3. See above.

Q4. Yes, overthinking. You do NOT need employer letters and P60s or tax documents. Don't submit unnecessary documents. You need all passports, English and liuk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Hi CR001,
Thanks for your speedy response - appreciate this. I will stop overthinking now 😊
Booked Life in UK test for June.
Let’s of hope Home Office resumes its full operations soon.
Take Care

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:42 pm

Dear members,
Hope this finds you well.
I have now started filling the form SET (LR) of my ILR application based on my 10 years stay in the UK.
Previously I had asked a question about what documents to send along with my application and as CR001 recommended, I only need to submit all passports, LiUK, Degree with my application.
However, today when I started my application and reached to the Documents section of my application, the required document list came up as follows:

1. Proof of my relationship status as the married or civil partner of (Wife Name)
2. The passport issued (my current passport)
3. All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK
4. Current Biometric Residence Permit
5. Evidence you have to prove the relationship with (Wife Name) (for example marriage certificates) and correspondence addressed either to you jointly, or in both of your names, or addressed individually to you at the same address, to cover the last two years
6. Document(s) showing (Wife Name)'s immigration status such as a passport, biometric residence card, or vignette
Providing your documents
Your application may be rejected if you do not provide all mandatory documents
I am confused and would need advice on what to follow? I would appreciate if you could comment on this or if anyone else has been in this same situation.
Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:03 pm

1, 5 and 6 are NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Mandatory documents not showing a list

Post by Maazkay09 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:47 pm

HI
Just a quick query.
I have just submitted my application SET (LR). When it took me to UKVCAS website,I can see document upload option. However, in the "Mandatory documents" list it showing me nothing. Whereas in the "Optional documents" section its showing me a list of document. But I cant see any options for passports, BRP, English proof etc.

Any guidance would help.

Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Mandatory documents not showing a list

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:48 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:09 pm

HI CR001
Sorry for that. Point noted.

Could anyone please answer my last query?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:15 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:47 pm
HI
Just a quick query.
I have just submitted my application SET (LR). When it took me to UKVCAS website,I can see document upload option. However, in the "Mandatory documents" list it showing me nothing. Whereas in the "Optional documents" section its showing me a list of document. But I cant see any options for passports, BRP, English proof etc.

Any guidance would help.

Thank you.
The mandatory section has “proof of application” where you upload your passport. All other documents are uploaded in “optional” categories. This is how the website works.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Dear
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:15 pm
Maazkay09 wrote:
HI
Just a quick query.

Any guidance would help.

Thank you.
The mandatory section has “proof of application” where you upload your passport. All other documents are uploaded in “optional” categories. This is how the website works.
Dear CULLINAN,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for a quick response and guidance. Like your tag line "Love for All, Hatred for None"

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:48 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:49 pm
Dear
CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:15 pm
Maazkay09 wrote:
HI
Just a quick query.

Any guidance would help.

Thank you.
Dear CULLINAN,
THANK YOU SO MUCH for a quick response and guidance. Like your tag line "Love for All, Hatred for None"
Welcome 🙏
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

Post by Maazkay09 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi,
I have submitted all other documents now however I realised that I forgot to upload signed consent form. I tried to upload this consent form now and its been uploaded however I cant see submit button anymore.
Its an important document and I am wondering how I can get it submitted or sent to HO?

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:13 pm

Maazkay09 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:45 pm
Hi,
I have submitted all other documents now however I realised that I forgot to upload signed consent form. I tried to upload this consent form now and its been uploaded however I cant see submit button anymore.
Its an important document and I am wondering how I can get it submitted or sent to HO?

Thank you.
You only get the submit button once. Now, you will have to wait, you can add additional documents at your biometrics appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:36 pm

For now its unclear if you will get an email for reusing your biometrics OR booking an appointment.

If you get an email to book an appointment, you can submit extra documents at the appointment.

If you get a reuse biometrics email, most applicants also get an email for documents submission via email (its uncertain if you will still get it). If you do, you can send in your documents in full via that email.

For now just wait and see what next course of action will be in your case.

arjay
United Kingdom

Post by arjay » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:34 am

If it helps, we received an email about reusing the previous biometerics, but we didn't get an email to prompt "submitting" the uploaded documents. I just noticed the option to "submit", on the UKVCAS page, after seeing someone mention it on these boards. It was a recent/new option. From my recollections, it did say that after submitting the documents, no further amendments or additions could be made. I would hope that if any important documents were omitted, that the HO case worker would contact the applicant in due course.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:19 am

arjay wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:34 am
If it helps, we received an email about reusing the previous biometerics, but we didn't get an email to prompt "submitting" the uploaded documents. I just noticed the option to "submit", on the UKVCAS page, after seeing someone mention it on these boards. It was a recent/new option. From my recollections, it did say that after submitting the documents, no further amendments or additions could be made. I would hope that if any important documents were omitted, that the HO case worker would contact the applicant in due course.
Though burden of proof lies on the applicant, as you said, you can only hope that the caseworker is reasonable to make the contact, some applicant's experiences and decisions received says otherwise.

Maazkay09
Pakistan

ILR LR - Wife passport is not available to show at the appointment

Post by Maazkay09 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi,
Hope you are all well.
Can anyone please help me with my query.
I have SET LR appointment next week where I need to show originals. However, my wife's passport is not available right now. Is it OK to go without this? I have all others, my passports, degree, job docs, joint bank as well as copies of her passport.
Any guidance would be helpful.

Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR LR - Wife passport is not available to show at the appointment

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:48 pm
Topics merged!!
Maazkay09 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:05 pm
Hi,
Hope you are all well.
Can anyone please help me with my query.
I have SET LR appointment next week where I need to show originals. However, my wife's passport is not available right now. Is it OK to go without this? I have all others, my passports, degree, job docs, joint bank as well as copies of her passport.
Any guidance would be helpful.

Kind Regards
None of your wife's documents are required for your ilr based on long residence.

You do NOT need job documents, bank statements etc for long residnece ilr. Why are you submitting completely irrelevant documents?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:20 pm
Q1. No.

Q2. See above.

Q3. See above.

Q4. Yes, overthinking. You do NOT need employer letters and P60s or tax documents. Don't submit unnecessary documents. You need all passports, English and liuk.
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:03 pm
1, 5 and 6 are NOT required.
You were already advised of this in April and July!
Char (CR001 not Casa)