ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JMC
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa to UK

Post by JMC » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:31 pm

Hi
Could someone please provide me the information on spouse visa for wife of overseas student studying in uk.
I am doing masters course in UK and recently got married in india, my wife is Indian national like me and is a dentist working in india. I was just wondering what I need to provide in order to get her dependent visa or what is the quickest way for her to get here with me asap. I am living with relatives here and they sponserd me for my education. Will it affect her application or what. How long will it take and what we need to do as my visa is till mid 2006.Please provide me information so that we can start the process.
Thanks a lot. :?

Khurram

Post by Khurram » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:33 pm

JMC
Newly Registered

Post by JMC » Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:26 pm

Hi all
Thanks for the link, but I was just wondering if someone can provide the the expanded details :? ,like minimum expenses you need, but if you are not working etc. wot you need to arrange etc. , as these links do not provide precise details to that limit. I am sorry but I need to know sums and figures and procedure etc, if possible. I would appreciate if someone with similar situation as me advice me/ let me know what they faced etc.

Thanks in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:29 pm

JMC, they want to be satisfied that your wife will not need to claim "Public Funds" as defined.

You say that no "precise details" are given. I am not surprised. As you will know living costs vary considerably around the country. So someone living in Mayfair in London will need to show significantly higher income and/or capital compared with someone living in a far cheaper part of the country.

Or put it another way, if your housing costs ... rent or mortgage interest ... are £10000 per month ... you will clearly need a lot more money than if your housing costs are say £250 per month.
John

azharali
Newly Registered

hi

Post by azharali » Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:28 pm

perhaps if u gave an idea of college location and requiements someone maybe able to assist

one question. i didnt realise we wetr all here to promote some pathetic liberal democrat "no chance of winning anything ever" agenda

are we?????????????

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:25 am

hello azarhali,

just to explain that what john has at the bottom of his posts is part of his "signature", although this forum is not about promoting politics, it is common for people in forums to have such messages or a favourite phrase or slogan or ASCII pic of the starship enterprise:) as part of the signature, this "signature" is then applied automatically to every post that person makes.

If you wish to promote some other party you are happy to do so no one will argue with you. So kindly lets stop the argument that may or may not start about politics before this topic gets LOCKED which will cause great distress to the person askin for help especially as they had no part in it.

thank you