ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Conditions of work for T4 Dependent Visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Query on Conditions of work for T4 Dependent Visa

Post by gpshenoy » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi Admins,

I had applied for a T4 visa with dependants for a MSc Management Postgraduate course with 1 year placement having a start date in September 2020 and end date in September 2022.
I have successfully received a decision today over email with the leave to remain as January 2023.

For my dependent spouse, the leave to remain is same date as mine (i.e. January 2023) but has the below remark which is a concern.

Remark: “NO WORK NO ENGAGING IN BUSINESS”
As you have been granted leave as the dependant of a Tier 4 (General) Student who has been granted leave for a period of less than 12 months, and/or is following a course of study below degree level, you are prohibited from taking employment or engaging in any business in the United Kingdom

My understanding is that these conditions are incorrect as my course is a Postgraduate course at Degree level and since the leave to remain date is 30th Jan 2023 this is greater than 12 months. Could you please advise so that I can take the necessary admin review for my dependant once I receive the BRP cards.

Please advise.

Regards
GP

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Query on Conditions of work for T4 Dependent Visa

Post by sah10406 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:10 am

Someone posted exactly the same question a few days ago:

https://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-ti ... 04722.html
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

gpshenoy
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Query on Conditions of work for T4 Dependent Visa

Post by gpshenoy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:55 am

Thanks sah10406. I will check and use the same topic then