ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp error when making new online IRP application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sherrynd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Stamp error when making new online IRP application

Post by Sherrynd » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:48 pm

Hello,
This is an urgent matter. I was unaware that I was able to recieve a stamp 3 instead of a stamp 2 when I was making an application online for an IRP Card renewal. My passport and my old IRP card have been sent to the department and I have already completed my online application and asked to renew my card to a stamp 2. I still havent recieved my passport or my new IRP Card. What should I do to inform them of the error? I have been trying to get in contact with the department but to no avail. Should I wait to recieve my new card and then ask them to change it for me by post? It has been three weeks since I sent my passport and old IRP card by post to the department. I am not sure what to do. :?

sugeie
Ghana

Re: Stamp error when making new online IRP application

Post by sugeie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:59 pm

it is my understanding that the renewal service is to renew or further extend the existing permission, with all its terms and conditions, that you already have. It is not for a change of statues. If you wished to change your statues< that is a separate administrative application process. So if you were on a stamp 2, you can only renew a stamp 2 permission.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:02 pm

The online platform only deals with renewals of existing permission.

I presume your current stamp is Stamp 2. Therefore, you can only renew your Stamp 2 online.

If you wish to change your stamp to Stamp 3 (based on your marriage to a CSEP holder I guess?), you need to send an email to the Burgh Quay office to request a Change of Stamp. They will give you an appointment to do this in Burgh Quay.

You can of course change your stamp to Stamp 3 once you get your new Stamp 2.

Sherrynd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Sherrynd » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:06 pm

littlerr wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:02 pm
The online platform only deals with renewals of existing permission.

I presume your current stamp is Stamp 2. Therefore, you can only renew your Stamp 2 online.

If you wish to change your stamp to Stamp 3 (based on your marriage to a CSEP holder I guess?), you need to send an email to the Burgh Quay office to request a Change of Stamp. They will give you an appointment to do this in Burgh Quay.

You can of course change your stamp to Stamp 3 once you get your new Stamp 2.
Yes my father is a critical skills employment holder and I am a dependent so it gives me the right to apply for a stamp 3 but I wasnt made aware of that fact by the deparment and I missed on a year of stamp 3 because of it. I was on a stamp 2 for that year instead which provides no reckonable residency.