ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 PBS dependent extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 2 PBS dependent extension

Post by lancsmedic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:03 pm

Dear friends,

Hope everyone are well and safe.

I a GP trainee doctor in NHS. I received my first tier 2 visa in November 2016.

My spouse will reach 5 years for ILR eligibility in June 2024

I would be eligible for ILR on 15th October 2021.
My current tier 2 visa will expire in August 2022. I cannot apply for further tier 2 extension after August 2022 as I would have reached the 6 year limit.

My question is:
Can I apply for my wife's tier 2 PBS extension for further 3 years in December 2021 before I think of applying for ILR?

I received all of my tier 2 visas before the introduction of Health and Care visa exempting applicants and dependents from health surcharge with reduced visa fees.

If my wife can receive a further 3 year tier 2 dependant extension before my ILR, I would be saving GBP 2500.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

lancsmedic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 PBS dependent extension

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:08 pm

Can I apply for my wife's tier 2 PBS extension for further 3 years in December 2021 before I think of applying for ILR?
If you have applied for ilr or have ilr, then yes. If you don't have ilr or applied for ilr at that point, her visa extension will have an expiry date the same as your current visa.
I received all of my tier 2 visas before the introduction of Health and Care visa exempting applicants and dependents from health surcharge with reduced visa fees.

If my wife can receive a further 3 year tier 2 dependant extension before my ILR, I would be saving GBP 2500.
If you have ilr,she will apply for a normal tier 2 dependent visa and have to pay the usual fees. If you don't have ilr, her extension will only be granted with an expiry date the same as your tier 2, she won't get a validity longer than your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:39 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Does it mean if I apply at the same time for my ILR and my wife's PBS dependent visa extension at the same time, I would only have to pay for her visa extension fee and not the immigration health surcharge?

If my wife starts working for the NHS while on her current Tier 2 dependant visa, would she be able to get a 3 year extension without having to pay for immigration health surcharge?

Sorry for asking these questions. I feel the visa fees and immigration health surcharge is excessive compared to a trainee doctor's salary in the NHS.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 pm

She would likely have to pay all the fees as normal for a standard tier 2 dependent visa.

We have no members reporting not having to pay. Everyone had to pay and none have come back to say if they have received a refund.

If you have ilr, the concession is likely no longer applicable to your Dependents and their visa extensions as you won't be a sponsored migrant anymore.

IHS is increasing in October from £400 per year to £625 per year.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lancsmedic
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by lancsmedic » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:42 pm
She would likely have to pay all the fees as normal for a standard tier 2 dependent visa.

We have no members reporting not having to pay. Everyone had to pay and none have come back to say if they have received a refund.

If you have ilr, the concession is likely no longer applicable to your Dependents and their visa extensions as you won't be a sponsored migrant anymore.

IHS is increasing in October from £400 per year to £625 per year.
Thanks again.

My question is if my wife starts working for the NHS with her current Tier 2 dependant visabefore applying for a Tier 2 dependant extension in 2021, would she be eligible for a waiver of the immigration health surcharge as a qualifying NHS worker?

It's difficult for healthcare workers to afford these expensive visa and health surcharge fees even after paying for settlement. I was under the impression that NHS workers would be eligible for reduced visa fees and health surcharge exemption.

Thanks again in advance.