ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Starting work remote before UK entry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

seenkete
Newly Registered
Australia

Starting work remote before UK entry

Post by seenkete » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:29 am

Hi Team,
Please i need some quick clarification. I have been issued with my Tier 2 visa. I intend to travel to UK at the end of next month. However, my employer wants me to start work remotely next week since they have specific dates for induction.

Would that be a breach of the tier 2 condition?

Thanks!

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Starting work remote before UK entry

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:41 pm

Hello

I am going to be bold here: working remotely from a foreign country doesn't fall under Tier 2 provisions.

I work for a British company and we have many employees working remotely from various countries, they don't even need a Tier 2 visa.

When does your Tier 2 start?

seenkete
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Starting work remote before UK entry

Post by seenkete » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:16 am

Sorry if my question was not clear.

My tier 2 starts from 13 Aug...but i will.travel.to the UK around 13 September. my company wants to make the start date 27th Aug...

I wanted to clarify if i can officially start to work for the employer before i have entered the UK.. Would that not be a violation of the tier 2 condition

Hopefully.mu question is clearer now

Thanks