ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport and travel history lost - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jazzyjee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Passport and travel history lost - ILR

Post by jazzyjee » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi, I have been on Tier 2 Visa for 5 years and I am preparing my documents to apply for ILR as a single applicant. As I was preparing I found out that my passport of 5 years has gone missing and I have lost it. My all travel history for the last 5 years has been in that passport. Devastating. :cry:

Can I ask you what can I do to support my travel history/absences? I am in a desperate situation looking for advice, can you kindly guide me, please?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport and travel history lost - ILR

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:00 pm

jazzyjee wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 pm
Hi, I have been on Tier 2 Visa for 5 years and I am preparing my documents to apply for ILR as a single applicant. As I was preparing I found out that my passport of 5 years has gone missing and I have lost it. My all travel history for the last 5 years has been in that passport. Devastating. :cry:

Can I ask you what can I do to support my travel history/absences? I am in a desperate situation looking for advice, can you kindly guide me, please?
Check travel tickets & boarding passes. Sometimes the same can be ascertained through your work schedule or old payslips.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

QR0228
inactive
Egypt

Post by QR0228 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:10 pm

jazzyjee wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:10 pm
Most airlines in the past 5 years have introduced online check-ins and boarding passes. See if you can find details of travel history from phone apps for airlines or using your email archives (provided you haven't deleted those mails). Also, if you use social media, I would suggest checking Facebook and Instagram tags and check-ins from your past travels. Another helpful way to track flight dates could be checking your Google/Outlook calendar where people tend to save their itinerary.

If your travel was paid for by your workplace, ask the finance department to see when they billed your tickets/hotel reservations. If not, then check your own card payment history or bank statements.

ajitu92
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ajitu92 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:14 pm

In addition to what the other users have suggested, you could also apply for a UKVI Subject Access Request (SAR). This may give you more insight into what records UKVI hold against your name including electronically held landing cards and entry/exit dates from the UK. It can take up to 30 days (I'm still waiting for mine to come through), so if you have the time, it could be another way to go. Please see the below link for more details.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:52 am

In the future, always scan all pages of passports and keep these for your records.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jazzyjee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jazzyjee » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:13 pm

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes I do have all the bookings and flights tickets and they all are consistent with the absences I took in last 5 years. I collected them all.

I do have copies for first two pages of the passport I have lost but not the rest of the stamped pages.

As suggested, I just sent the request for SAR, hoping to receive information in 30 days.

If I am not mistaken, are these documents below enough to support my travel history?

As evidence:

1) Police report of lost passport
2) SAR report
3) Statutory Declaration
4) Print outs of all travel tickets
5) Photocopies of new and old passports (lost)
6) BRP of 5 years
7) Absence letter
8. Tenancy Agreements of last 5 years
9) Council tax 5 years
10) P60 forms of 5 years

Please could you advise if anything else would be helpful? Also should I print out all the travel tickets and bind them together?

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Hi
I lost my passport in 2017 and have just got An approval for my ILR (set o tier 2)application.

I would suggest you to get a new passport ASAP first.

Your list of things some are not necessary
1) Police report of lost passport
2) SAR report (no need. Ho has all records)
3) Statutory Declaration (what’s this? Is this a cover letter? If so yes. I also put I am happy to provide bank statement for the period if they require but it was never required. In fact, ho request us not to submit bank statement apart from the most recent one which they asked for)
4) Print outs of all travel tickets (No need. Because it doesn’t mean anything. It doesn’t mean you have taken the flights)
5) Photocopies of new and old passports (lost)
6) BRP of 5 years
7) Absence letter (yes v important)
8. Tenancy Agreements of last 5 years (no need. It Doesn’t mean you are there)
9) Council tax 5 years (no need. Doesn’t mean anything)
10) P60 forms of 5 years (Yes I included this too)

gc362952246
China

Post by gc362952246 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:03 pm

Also you need an absence list. My caseworker asked me for it while waiting

jazzyjee
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by jazzyjee » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Thank you for your your input and clarification. I have made police report and now waiting to get a new passport.

May i ask, what is the difference between Absence letter and absence list? Doesnt absence letter includes your list of absences?

Secondly, do you also show your absences from work for holidays within UK or just outside UK?

Thank you in advance, you input means alot

Chamberpot92
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chamberpot92 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 pm

gc362952246 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:03 pm
Hi,

So I've been looking frantically to see what they require, your list of evidence puts me at ease as it's the older passport which has been lost in the post in my wife's situation.

With the absence list - Did you literally create a cover letter with the time spent out of the UK? My wife is on a FLR M visa, and I understand that there isn't a time restriction within this visa, but I want to be sure that when they check her history for this period of time that they have no reservations.

So should she just create a list of all the time she left the country right and submit that as further evidence?

Thanks,
James

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 pm

Chamberpot92 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Hi,

So I've been looking frantically to see what they require, your list of evidence puts me at ease as it's the older passport which has been lost in the post in my wife's situation.

With the absence list - Did you literally create a cover letter with the time spent out of the UK? My wife is on a FLR M visa, and I understand that there isn't a time restriction within this visa, but I want to be sure that when they check her history for this period of time that they have no reservations.

So should she just create a list of all the time she left the country right and submit that as further evidence?

Thanks,
James
Your questions and FLR M visa route have absolutely no relation to this topic which is about tier 2 general. Different visa routes have completely different rules. It is not a generic one size fits all.

Please start your own topic with your questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chamberpot92
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chamberpot92 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:27 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:58 pm
Chamberpot92 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 pm
gc362952246 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,
James
Your questions and FLR M visa route have absolutely no relation to this topic which is about tier 2 general. Different visa routes have completely different rules. It is not a generic one size fits all.

Please start your own topic with your questions.
Sorry! I’ve started a new topic now.