ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with complicated Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Help with complicated Naturalisation application

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:30 am

Guys my case is little complicated

I acquired Eu settled status 1 year ago based on 2010 - 2015 U.K residence. but prior to that for 4 years 2015 - 2019 I did not have any status because my EEA residence card expired in 2015

Now for naturalisation Application Home Office asking for 5 years lawful residence Prior to settled status. So is my residency Lawful ?

My sponsor ( separated EEA spouse ) didn’t work continuously those 5 years ( 2014 - 2019 )
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help with complicated Naturalisation application

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:18 pm

Hello

Yes, your situation is complicated.

You may have been legal or not from 2015 onward depending on some factors you need to demonstrate.

In theory you are legal by the mere fact that you are married to an EEA national and the EEA national is exercising Treaty Rights in UK. It's not a good idea to rely on this without applying for an EEA FM card.

You need to document your wife's 5 years (2015 - 2020) with all the details. Was she in the UK? Where? What was she doing? For the times she decided not to work, you need to show that either she was looking for job (such as registered as a job seeker) or self sufficient with a medical insurance.

Any gap on her history, means you were illegal during that time and they can hold it against you.