ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings... I lost my May 08 pay slip :p

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

E.Nighthaven
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings... I lost my May 08 pay slip :p

Post by E.Nighthaven » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Please help... I lost my May 08 pay slip... I thought I could submit an employer's letter instead, but there is some change going on within my HR supporting team, I was told it might take a while to produce a letter stating gross and net salary AS WELL AS ALL 12 payments details...

My HR people have told me that I can write this letter myself and they will sign it. So I wonder what the format of such letter is like. Should I state all numbers that appeared on my pay slips (tax, national insurance, expense claim, temporary benefit received in the first 6 months...) in order to match the amount on my bank statements?

I found this in the guidance page 20:
Where an employer letter includes only total gross and net earnings figures for the whole earnings period claimed, we will consider this document. However, only where the dates of the earning period and the total gross/net earnings stated in the letter exactly correspond with the information included in the other documentary evidence of these earnings provided, will we be able to award points.
How would any employer's letter reflect that?

(I'm applying within the UK)

Another question (seem unimportant thought), how did you bind your applications? It's gonna be a pile of paper and the application form alone is too thick to staple. Can I keep it in a binding folder and send the whole thing to HO?

Thanks very much!

E.Nighthaven
Newly Registered

Post by E.Nighthaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:21 pm

hello~~~~~~

i saw newer posts by other people were answered already... are my questions too eccentric? :oops:

jhp

Re: Previous Earnings... I lost my May 08 pay slip :p

Post by jhp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Would it not be possible for the payroll department to send you a duplicate payslip

I took the printout of only the sections in the application form relevant to me (only attached bits for new application), this can be easily stapled. However you can keep it in a seperate folder, there is no rule.

birdy1980

Post by birdy1980 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:12 pm

E.Nighthaven wrote:Please help... I lost my May 08 pay slip... I thought I could submit an employer's letter instead, but there is some change going on within my HR supporting team, I was told it might take a while to produce a letter stating gross and net salary AS WELL AS ALL 12 payments details...

My HR people have told me that I can write this letter myself and they will sign it. So I wonder what the format of such letter is like. Should I state all numbers that appeared on my pay slips (tax, national insurance, expense claim, temporary benefit received in the first 6 months...) in order to match the amount on my bank statements?

Where an employer letter includes only total gross and net earnings figures for the whole earnings period claimed, we will consider this document. However, only where the dates of the earning period and the total gross/net earnings stated in the letter exactly correspond with the information included in the other documentary evidence of these earnings provided, will we be able to award points.

Another question (seem unimportant thought), how did you bind your applications? It's gonna be a pile of paper and the application form alone is too thick to staple. Can I keep it in a binding folder and send the whole thing to HO?

Thanks very much!
You can probably not include may payslip. You can claim for up to 8 out of 12 months. Read guidance.
I just used the holder clips(small ones you get in stationery stores) to hold the pages of form together. I included all pages of the form. I left it to the HO to decide which pages they want to ignore. I would suggest not to omit any page in the print out. Give them the whole form.
I kept all the original proofs in a separate transparent folder/sleeve. Dont care about the weight. Its something you may not do again for a long time.

Birdy

E.Nighthaven
Newly Registered

Post by E.Nighthaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:40 pm

jhp wrote:Would it not be possible for the payroll department to send you a duplicate payslip

I took the printout of only the sections in the application form relevant to me (only attached bits for new application), this can be easily stapled. However you can keep it in a seperate folder, there is no rule.
Thanks jhp! I wanted to do the same actually (printing out only relevant section) but needed assurance from others :D
Last edited by E.Nighthaven on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

E.Nighthaven
Newly Registered

Post by E.Nighthaven » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 pm

birdy1980 wrote:
E.Nighthaven wrote:Please help... I lost my May 08 pay slip... I thought I could submit an employer's letter instead, but there is some change going on within my HR supporting team, I was told it might take a while to produce a letter stating gross and net salary AS WELL AS ALL 12 payments details...

Thanks very much!
You can probably not include may payslip. You can claim for up to 8 out of 12 months. Read guidance.
I just used the holder clips(small ones you get in stationery stores) to hold the pages of form together. I included all pages of the form. I left it to the HO to decide which pages they want to ignore. I would suggest not to omit any page in the print out. Give them the whole form.
I kept all the original proofs in a separate transparent folder/sleeve. Dont care about the weight. Its something you may not do again for a long time.

Birdy
Thanks Birdy! I thought it has to be 12 months continuous. But now I have got a signed letter with tables of all the payments details exactly same as on my pay slips. I hope this works.

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:03 am

I am surprised at the requirement that the employer's letter exactly match the figures shown in the other sources, as it isnt uncommon for there to be small discrepancies. In my HSMP application (yet to be processed), for example, the tax authority calculated my gross salary for the year at $8 less than my employer did.

xen400
Newly Registered

Post by xen400 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:32 am

I too am planning to apply using a letter from my employer for ALL the 12 months as I have lost a few of my payslips.

I will be getting a letter only with the gross and net pay details which I think they have asked for the obvious reasons of calculating your points using the Gross pay and to see the corresponding Net pay deposited in the bank.

The reason I am not including other details as tax, OT etc is because the letter would look too messy, but certainly would add more credibility to one's application.

As the OP is asking is it really necessary to include all the other details as well?

jhp

Post by jhp » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:31 am

niw2 wrote:I am surprised at the requirement that the employer's letter exactly match the figures shown in the other sources, as it isnt uncommon for there to be small discrepancies. In my HSMP application (yet to be processed), for example, the tax authority calculated my gross salary for the year at $8 less than my employer did.

It does not matter. I submitted payslips and bank statements. My bank statements were slightly higher because my company usually credits expenses with the salary.