ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa fee from India VS from UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhigyan_dg
Newly Registered

Dependent visa fee from India VS from UK

Post by abhigyan_dg » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi,

I am currently working in London on a work permit and live here with my wife who is on a dependent work permit. I am now planning to apply for the tier-1(general) visa for me and a similar dependent visa for my wife.

On checking:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... eral/cost/

my understanding is that if I apply from within the UK, I will NOT have to pay anything extra for the dependent visa (since I will apply for both me and my wife at the same time). So the total cost would be £600 (51,000 INR)

Whereas, if I apply from anywhere in India (as I might have to go back), I will have to pay for the dependent visa (cost will be same my visa application). So total cost would be £1200 (1,00,200 INR).

This means that if applied from within UK, the visa cost for me and my wife will be half of what I would have to pay in India.

Please let me know if this idea is incorrect.

Regards,

Abhi.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:56 am

There is no provision to exempt Dependent visa fees, if applying within UK.

Markie

Post by Markie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:35 am

If you are already in the UK under WP with your with dependant visa then you can submit your application together with her dependant applicaiton form as not to incur additional fees.

I quote from the BIA website..."Any dependant applications sent together with your own form are free of charge. Dependant applications for children over 18, sent separately or later, will have to pay an extra fee of £395."

hope this clears up things. Good luck

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Re: Dependent visa fee from India VS from UK

Post by hussainkothari » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:25 am

abhigyan_dg wrote:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... eral/cost/

This means that if applied from within UK, the visa cost for me and my wife will be half of what I would have to pay in India.

Please let me know if this idea is incorrect.
Your interpretation is correct. in India you would pay for every applicant (600 GBP each), and in the UK dependants are covered in the principle amount (750 GBP).

Anjum
Newly Registered

Post by Anjum » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:16 am

hi, I am in UK for last 2 years on Work Permit. Now I got Tier 1 General Migrant visa in August 2008. My family is in Pakistan and now I would like to apply for my wife and my son's visa.

She had been to Visa office in Pakistan and it looks like they are confused on the visa fee

What should be the fees of her application (i.e. 30,000/90,000 PKR) ???

Can somebody please help me out here .

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:55 am

Anjum wrote:hi, I am in UK for last 2 years on Work Permit. Now I got Tier 1 General Migrant visa in August 2008. My family is in Pakistan and now I would like to apply for my wife and my son's visa.

She had been to Visa office in Pakistan and it looks like they are confused on the visa fee

Thanks in advance.
For a Tier 1 dependent, it cannot be the lower amount, which is for HSMP dependents (like INR 17425 in India for dependents of HSMP visa holders who had their HSMP visa stamped before 01-Apr-08 in India, the day Tier 1 was introduced). Has to be the higher amount i.e.- PKR 90000 (like INR 51000 in India for Tier 1 dependents).

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hina_France

Post by hina_France » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Anjum wrote:hi, I am in UK for last 2 years on Work Permit. Now I got Tier 1 General Migrant visa in August 2008. My family is in Pakistan and now I would like to apply for my wife and my son's visa.

Thanks in advance.
If your case was with HSMP approval letter (Tier 1 General - Transitional arrangments), its 30,000 Rs.

If it was Tier 1 General only, 90,000 Rs

Anjum
Newly Registered

Post by Anjum » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:24 pm

It is dependant of Tier 1 general. They took 90,000 PKR & finally my family got the visas :)