ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NATURALIZATION

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ajani

NATURALIZATION

Post by ajani » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:33 pm

I hope somebody can help me with this question. I arrived UK in August 2001 on a student visa. I graduated in april 2003 and received ILR in April 2008 after 5years on HSMP.

My question is this, can i apply for naturalisation now or must i wait until April 2009. I read on the UK immigration website that discretions might be applied to certain applicants before one year on ILR but i am not sure if i qualify.

The UK immigration rules keep changing rapidly and if i can avail myself of any discretion that would enable me get this done on time, i would like to take advantage of that.

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:49 pm

On what basis do you think should BIA apply discretion your case?

Just because you want to end uncertainity by gaining citizenship early than you qaulify for, does not warrant discrtion to be used on part of BIA.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Hi,

I am not trying to hijack this thread, but you said that you have got ILR recently based on 5 year HSMP.
Can I request you to please share your experience of getting ILR under HSMP as I have to apply next month.

1. Was that a PEO application.

2. what documents you had submited to prove your economic activity and was it for all 5 years.( the reason I am asking is that I dont have all the documents for 5 years.)

3. had you provided saving accout statement as well.(just bought a house so dont have much left in my saving account)

Thank you

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:59 pm

alina76 wrote:Hi,

I am not trying to hijack this thread, but you said that you have got ILR recently based on 5 year HSMP.
Can I request you to please share your experience of getting ILR under HSMP as I have to apply next month.

1. Was that a PEO application.

2. what documents you had submited to prove your economic activity and was it for all 5 years.( the reason I am asking is that I dont have all the documents for 5 years.)

3. had you provided saving accout statement as well.(just bought a house so dont have much left in my saving account)

Thank you
you don't have to hijack the thread at all, just use the search function and look at other people's experience.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:23 am

I did check some other posts regarding this issue(ILR on HSMP for 5 years), but apparently in most of the cases people got ILR under HSMP+Workpermit.

OP has mentioned that he got ILR purely on HSMP for 5 years ,and thats what I wanted to know. What is the criteria (basically documents) for ILR purely on the bases of 5 years on HSMP. As I dont have documents for all 5 years.

Thanks

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:15 am

alina76 wrote:I did check some other posts regarding this issue(ILR on HSMP for 5 years), but apparently in most of the cases people got ILR under HSMP+Workpermit.

OP has mentioned that he got ILR purely on HSMP for 5 years ,and thats what I wanted to know. What is the criteria (basically documents) for ILR purely on the bases of 5 years on HSMP. As I dont have documents for all 5 years.

Thanks
You are kidding, their is a whole section devoted to hsmp which is now tier 1 so you have plenty info available

dnicky
Member of Standing

Post by dnicky » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:26 am

I did check some other posts regarding this issue(ILR on HSMP for 5 years), but apparently in most of the cases people got ILR under HSMP+Workpermit.
If you cannot find enough information that you are looking for, you can start a new thread in Tier 1 section and surely co-members of the boards will come along and share their experiences.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 am

I needed information about ILR under HSMP, mostly from those people who already got purely on HSMP route. I do know about the other section but I found out that mostly people in that section are either on intial or extension stage. There are not many posts with ILR or probably I couldn't find it.

anyways Thank you very much for your help so far.

Thanks

ajani

Post by ajani » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:33 pm

When i got the ILR in April 2008, i posted the details on this website. Do a search and you should be able to find the post.