ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you need visa if you have CoE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Battlestar

Do you need visa if you have CoE

Post by Battlestar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:23 am

Hi guys hope someone can help.

My brother has all his paperwork ready to bring his wife over from Pakistan to the UK. Issue is with his son who was born a month ago.

Ruled out a British passport as it looks like they will take forever to process so going to get a certificate of entitlement made.

Will he still need a visa once the certificate has been issued and a TB test done.

Plan was once he was here, he will get his British passport made.

Also can he apply for just a visitor visa or does he have to apply with his mum who is going for a spouse visa at British national.

Thank you

vinny

Re: Do you need visa if you have CoE

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:39 am

A CoE-RoA holder would not require a TB test nor a visa to enter the UK.

For people born from 1 Jan 1983, a CoE-RoA is evidence that the holder is British, similar to a British passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Battlestar

Post by Battlestar » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Thanks Vinny.

Any idea what the processing time is at the moment?

Thanks

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:06 pm

Processing time for what, a CoE-RoA or a spousal visa?

The Home Office states that a CoE-RoA generally takes between six and sixteen weeks. But applications from South Asia can take longer.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.