ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS 1yr extension eligibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ghostrpg
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

NHS 1yr extension eligibility

Post by Ghostrpg » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 pm

Hello, Any help will be appreciated as I am in a somewhat of a unique position. I am on a Spouse visa that expired in July and I work for an NHS trust. In May, I got an email from my employer asking me to submit my BRP for the extension scheme approved by the government. I did that in May. I didn't hear back well into July. I wasn't concerned as I believed I already have an application with the home office. A couple of weeks ago, I got offered a new role in another NHS trust who needed to verify my right to work. After chasing the home office via email, I was told me employer didn't include my name in the spreadsheet that was sent and my BRP wasn't sent either. After a lot of conversations, my employer told me this is because, they didn't know/think if I was eligible for the extension because it wasn't a Tier 2 visa. No one told me this. Infact, I have a letter saying my BRP was sent off as of last week. Now my BRP has expired and to make matters worse, because of the COVID situation, my passport has expired too. I have an application for my passport but don't know when my biometrics will be collected, not to talk of getting a new one. So my questions are thus
1. As someone on a Spouse visa, am I eligible for the extension?
2. If no, what are the ramihfications of applying on an expired leave to remain and a passport?
3. Is it possible to apply with an expired passport if somehow, I am able to apply?
4. What other options do I have if the trust turns around and terminate my contract because my leave to remain has expired and I don't have any application with the home office?

I would very much appreciate any help I can get. I am really stressed about all this.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NHS 1yr extension eligibility

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:36 am

The only utilitarian utensil attached to your case which I can see is that you got something in writing which of course will aid you in claiming recompensation. Aside that, its on you who solely is incumbent in applying in timely because nobody else other than the applicant actually understand the process. Whilst not fully sure as whether will it work, better be remained forthright & truthful and just apply spouse visa by attaching a well persuasive covering letter along with the misinformation you received earlier from NHS stalled you in applying in timely. By surmising, in worst case scenario UKVI might award you with flrfp under 10 years of route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: NHS 1yr extension eligibility

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:41 am

Ghostrpg wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 pm
Hello, Any help will be appreciated as I am in a somewhat of a unique position. I am on a Spouse visa that expired in July and I work for an NHS trust. In May, I got an email from my employer asking me to submit my BRP for the extension scheme approved by the government. I did that in May. I didn't hear back well into July. I wasn't concerned as I believed I already have an application with the home office. A couple of weeks ago, I got offered a new role in another NHS trust who needed to verify my right to work. After chasing the home office via email, I was told me employer didn't include my name in the spreadsheet that was sent and my BRP wasn't sent either. After a lot of conversations, my employer told me this is because, they didn't know/think if I was eligible for the extension because it wasn't a Tier 2 visa. No one told me this. Infact, I have a letter saying my BRP was sent off as of last week. Now my BRP has expired and to make matters worse, because of the COVID situation, my passport has expired too. I have an application for my passport but don't know when my biometrics will be collected, not to talk of getting a new one. So my questions are thus
1. As someone on a Spouse visa, am I eligible for the extension?
2. If no, what are the ramihfications of applying on an expired leave to remain and a passport?
3. Is it possible to apply with an expired passport if somehow, I am able to apply?
4. What other options do I have if the trust turns around and terminate my contract because my leave to remain has expired and I don't have any application with the home office?

I would very much appreciate any help I can get. I am really stressed about all this.
The way out for the immigration conundrum i can not place a finger on it at the moment. However there are legal grounds for pursuit of misinformation and derailment by employer, on the other hand if employer owns up to the role they played in this matter and ready to support you being a key worker, compassionate frounds by HO could work.