ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Settlement Scheme- Criminal records

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Langsky
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

EU Settlement Scheme- Criminal records

Post by Langsky » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:42 am

My husband has not made a decision on whether to apply for the EU settlement. I have decided to apply as soon as possible.

He is the EAA partner and we have been together for 6 years, married for four. I am not from the EU.

He has a criminal record which he has refused to go into details about. I have no criminal records.

Would his criminal records affect my application, even though I have none? Obviously, I cannot declare HIS criminality in my own application.

Since I would be applying before him, would they still check his criminal records against my own application?

Don’t really know much, but we tried to open a joint account 4 years ago and no bank would open it. They would only open in my name. I also tried to send him a western union once when he went to Spain and western union cancelled it and sent the money back to me.

I don’t know what kind of crime he could have committed to warrant this. He just says he’s a changed person and shouldn’t be judged by his past.

I’d like to find out the likelihood of it affecting my application, so I’d know if I need to hire a private investigator to do a background check on him and find out exactly what those criminal records are, before making the application.

Would be glad if anyone could help.

Thanks a lot.

traveller9765
Newly Registered

Re: EU Settlement Scheme- Criminal records

Post by traveller9765 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:16 am

Don’t think it has an effect but there was one person on this forum who’s husband is currently serving a prison sentence and he was yet to apply and she still got settled status. I would either call the eu resolution centre or contact a immigration lawyer.