ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport of my son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

First British Passport of my son

Post by nqazi » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:41 am

My son was born in UK in 2006, at that time I and my wife were in UK on Study VISA. Later on after completing 5 years on tier 2 VISA myself and my wife filed for permanent residency and got permanent residency i.e. ILR in Dec 2018. After which I applied MN1 application for my son to register him as british citizen and received the certificate for the same in oct 2019. Now I am planning for his first British passport. I have read the passport form and wish to know following.
In the passort application form it asks following :
Was the application born or adopted in UK
and in response of this question it asks an Evidence of applicants ' immigration status in UK at the time of birth of applicant which could be fathers passport at the time of the birth.

I an happy to attach my passport at the time ofbirth of my son with his passport application. However I wish to know that do i also need to attach my permanent residence permit i.e. ILR with his passport application
Please note we have his certificate of british citizenship sent to us as a result of MN1 application for him.
Kind Regards
Nadeem

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: First British Passport of my son

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:11 am

All you need is child’s:

UK birth certificate
Certificate of registration as a British Citizen

You can send in your passport copy but only the above is required in your child’s case.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nqazi
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by nqazi » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:18 am

Dear Cullianan ,

Thank you very much for your reply. it helped.However while filling up the application form, the section four of the application form asks the following.

Parent's detail
if both parents named below were born after 31st Dec 1982 OR were born
outside the UK,we will also need the full name ,town country ,date of birth and date of marriage of your grandparents (or details of your
parents claim to british nationality )
write these details in Section 8 or on a separate piece of paper.

As i mentioned earlier my son was born in UK and he has now got the british citizenship through the certifcate issued after registration. and myself and my wife (biological parents) have got ILR permanent residency in Dec 2018. However both my wife and myself do nt have British passport as yet( we planned but due to Coivd it is delayed) . I wonder in this situation what details should I give for this section.
my father and mother (i.e grandparents of my son) were married in Pakistan and so is for my wife. (should I write this information only ) OR
Should I write the details of ILR i.e biometric residence permit (BRP) of both my wife and myself. if this is the case , do I also need to send these BRP along with the application.
I appreciate your time and concern on this matter
Kind Regards
Nadeem

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:25 am

These details are not required for a child who has been registered as British on form MN1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.