ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guidance to apply UK Citizenship in CV19

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prss_vel83
India

Guidance to apply UK Citizenship in CV19

Post by prss_vel83 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:00 am

Dear All,

I prepared the application in March 2020 for Naturalisation and put it on hold because of Covid 19 scenario. Is it advisable to submit the application now?

1. Do we need to go UKVCAS centre to submit the biometric? If yes will I get an appointment in the current scenario?
2. I am also planning to shift my house in 3 to 4 months timeline. I hope the address can be updated if I move the house and simpler.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Guidance to apply UK Citizenship in CV19

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:06 am

prss_vel83 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:00 am
Dear All,

I prepared the application in March 2020 for Naturalisation and put it on hold because of Covid 19 scenario. Is it advisable to submit the application now?

1. Do we need to go UKVCAS centre to submit the biometric? If yes will I get an appointment in the current scenario?
2. I am also planning to shift my house in 3 to 4 months timeline. I hope the address can be updated if I move the house and simpler.
The backlog has much subsided now. You will either have to go to UKVCAS centre or submit your biometrics via a new IDV app. You will be notified via email.

Yes you can change via the UKVI update address service. Note, you will have to choose a council to attend your ceremony when you apply. If you know where you will be moving, its best to select that council as changing the council later on can cause lengthy delays.
Also, best to set up royal mail redirection or keep a good relationship with the new tenant/owner in case your official post is sent at the previous address.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:39 am

set up royal mail redirection or keep a good relationship with the new tenant/owner in case your official post is sent at the previous address.
Absolutely. Royal Mail redirection is not perfect. I had one running in 2019 and some letters were delivered to the old address, some were returned to sender and some lost. For critical mail, the redirection is not optimal.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 pm

Thanks a lot for your super fast response.

prss_vel83
India

Post by prss_vel83 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:52 am

Dear All,

I am applying for citizenship for my wife and child who have ILR. My child is born in India and 6 year old.

I have a query regarding reference for my child.

As per the child reference requriement, I am requesting my child Teacher to sign the referrence form. As per the online form do I need to provide the teacher last 3 years address, DOB and mobile number ?

This is teacher personal data hence I was hestiating if they can provide these details. Please confirm its mandatory to put these details. Please help.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:37 pm

Yes, it’s mandatory. However, see link:

british-citizenship/mn1-for-children-be ... 06761.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.