ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EUSS FAMILY PERMIT/EXTRA DOCUMENT/COVID 19 DELAYS

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

EUSS FAMILY PERMIT/EXTRA DOCUMENT/COVID 19 DELAYS

Post by Gnud3mn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 pm

Good day house,

I don't know if anyone has had a similar experience with their euss family permit application. I applied in Feb this year after which i got the famous "not straightforward" email and was asked to submit my wife's eea passport which I did. it was acknowledged via mail and was later returned.

Up until now, I am yet to get a response from liverpool or tlscontact regarding the status of my application and all attempts to inquire via the paid service have failed. i keep getting advised to keep being patient. i don't know what to do anymore and the wait is frustrating.

Others who applied after me are getting decisions though some even in less than a month while mine has already exceeded 135 working days.

Any similar experience and suggestions?

Kamoe and Zerrubabel, your input would be very much appreciated.

thanks.

Tiktok
Morocco

Re: EU Settlement Scheme FAMILY PERMIT/EXTRA DOCUMENT/COVID 19 DELAYS

Post by Tiktok » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:55 pm

Its waiting game my friend.
But I will tell u what to do

1 contact ur local MP
2 make compliant to the Home Office u will get ur passport back within 2 or 3 weeks . Its from my own experience

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 pm

I also forgot to add that I applied as a close family member of a relevant naturalised British citizen who would qualify for status under the EU Settlement Scheme were they able to apply for it. My Wife is originally a Bulgarian citizen who got naturalized and became a dual citizen of UK and Bulgaria and we submitted the following documents for the euss family permit application;

• Copy of her EEA passport
• Copy of her British passport
• My passport (non- EU passport)
• Our Marriage certificate
• Our online chat history via WhatsApp & a selection of twitter
• A selection of photographs from our time together with family from her first visit and some wedding photos
• Flight tickets from visit in 2019 & 2020 visit for our wedding
• Her council tax Bill
• Her permanent residence document & Certificate of naturalisation
• her recent Payslips
• Some money transfers receipts with world remit
• her tenancy agreement document
• her employment document

what are the chances of a success in my case from your experience?
I am really anxious.

its been more than 7 months now

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Tiktok wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:55 pm
Its waiting game my friend.
But I will tell u what to do

1 contact ur local MP
2 make compliant to the Home Office u will get ur passport back within 2 or 3 weeks . Its from my own experience
Thank you Tiktok,

I made a complaint to home office via this link 2 days ago too.

cih@homeoffice.gov.uk

is this okay?
i would also try to contact mp but im afraid i might end up irritating them lol
what do you think?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:25 pm

Gnud3mn wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 pm
I also forgot to add that I applied as a close family member of a relevant naturalised British citizen who would qualify for status under the EU Settlement Scheme were they able to apply for it. My Wife is originally a Bulgarian citizen who got naturalized and became a dual citizen of UK and Bulgaria and we submitted the following documents for the EU Settlement Scheme family permit application;

• A selection of photographs from our time together with family from her first visit and some wedding photos
• Her council tax Bill
• her recent Payslips

I am really anxious.

You gave them more documents than what they need. Like the proof of her sending you money is not needed. Whatsapp and Twitter not needed either.

The chances of such application are really high. Actually, they can't even refuse unless they can justify it by a compelling reason.

Do you have any adverse immigration history in the UK or elsewhere? Any criminal record? Did you or your EEA sponsor marry previously with other partners? Did your EEA wife sponsor other partners in the past?

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:54 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:25 pm
Gnud3mn wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:56 pm
I also forgot to add that I applied as a close family member of a relevant naturalised British citizen who would qualify for status under the EU Settlement Scheme were they able to apply for it. My Wife is originally a Bulgarian citizen who got naturalized and became a dual citizen of UK and Bulgaria and we submitted the following documents for the EU Settlement Scheme family permit application;

• Her council tax Bill
• her recent Payslips

I am really anxious.

You gave them more documents than what they need. Like the proof of her sending you money is not needed. Whatsapp and Twitter not needed either.

The chances of such application are really high. Actually, they can't even refuse unless they can justify it by a compelling reason.

Do you have any adverse immigration history in the UK or elsewhere? Any criminal record? Did you or your EEA sponsor marry previously with other partners? Did your EEA wife sponsor other partners in the past?
Thanks for your response,

We weren't sure how to prove the genuineness of our relationship, hence submitted everything we could find.

& No, I have never left the chores of Nigeria and do not have any criminal record. Neither of us have been previously married. We are both young actually below our 30's would that be a problem?

to be honest, she mentioned something about helping her sister and mother to the Uk from Bulgaria. She got to the Uk from bulgaria before them in 2010 to study and somehow helped them move but thats a long time ago and they've all naturalized since then. Would that affect my own application?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:37 am

It's really strange.

The refusal venues for these visas are very limited. They are mainly:

1 - Your sponsor is not a qualified person. This happens when you cannot prove that your sponsor is an EU citizen living in the UK. Sometimes people don't send the EU passport or their sponsor isn't active (no work, no studies...).

2 - Relationship is not genuine. They have some patterns that triggers that:
  • huge difference in age
  • difference in culture without any consistent history of being together
  • sponsor married frequently and sponsored immigration for many partners already
  • sponsor and or sponsored person with horrendous immigration history...
If they go with option 2, usually they organise an interview. Did that happen at any point in time?

Can you share more about the history of your relationship with this lady?

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:37 am
It's really strange.

The refusal venues for these visas are very limited. They are mainly:

1 - Your sponsor is not a qualified person. This happens when you cannot prove that your sponsor is an EU citizen living in the UK. Sometimes people don't send the EU passport or their sponsor isn't active (no work, no studies...).

2 - Relationship is not genuine. They have some patterns that triggers that:
  • huge difference in age
  • difference in culture without any consistent history of being together
  • sponsor married frequently and sponsored immigration for many partners already
  • sponsor and or sponsored person with horrendous immigration history...
If they go with option 2, usually they organise an interview. Did that happen at any point in time?

Can you share more about the history of your relationship with this lady?
Hello Zerubbabel,

Thank you for your response. I believe we were able to satisfy the first reason for refusal by providing her eu passport.

About the genuineness of our relationship i'd like to explain that my wife is a bulgarian born Nigerian. She was raised in Nigeria for a while by her Dad who is Nigerian and later went back to Bulgaria to join the rest of her family. however she moved to the UK to study in 2010.

We met in 2018 via social media and began a relationship in July 2018. After which we met in person in 2019 and 2020 when we got married. I added a cover letter explaining our background though and home office hasnt called to schedule an interview with us.

That was why i submitted plane tickets, chatlogs, pictures,marriage certificate et.c to prove our relationship for the period we were together.

I hope hoping we've done enough to prove that or what else could they want? we both have never been married or sponsored any spouse in he past too.

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:38 pm

Still waiting on your response Zerubabbel & Kamoe.

One more thing, if you go through the list of documents i submitted, we didn't include my wife's bank statement. it escaped us but nowhere was it mentioned that it was a requirement for an euss family permit.
Im getting anxious as we could hear from them any moment.

let me what you think about our overall situation.

Thanks.

Post by 1878 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:04 pm

I’m experiencing delays in a EU settlement scheme Family Permit for parents in law as well. Emailed the paid email service which on 28th Aug said a decision has been made. Now almost three weeks later the visa centre has not been in contact with regards to delivery. I called paid service last Friday to escalate whatever that means. Very frustrating they keep delaying the collection of passport. I’m considering just asking my parents in law to visit the visa centre to ask to collect...

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Re: EUSS FAMILY PERMIT/EXTRA DOCUMENT/COVID 19 DELAYS

Post by Gnud3mn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Hello guys, I’ve decided to give an update on my case. I sent an email complaint to the home office on the 17th September & got a response from them the day before yesterday. Find below reply & tell me what you think. I’m super anxious and I don’t know if it’s a favourable response or not.

“ Thank you for your email correspondence of 17 September where you have raised a complaint about the delay with your EUSS Family Permit application.

I am upholding your complaint.

This is because, having investigated the matter I am satisfied that you have waited longer for your case to be concluded then might reasonably have been expected. Also, you were not kept informed of the progress of your application. Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

I have raised this matter with an Entry Clearance Manager on the relevant team and they have advised that the delay was partly due to the timing of the impact of Covid-19 on our operations but also further enquiries being made previously. They have advised me that the case is with an Entry Clearance Officer to complete the final checks and a decision will be made within 14 days.

I hope this answers your concerns and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this correspondence by emailing us at:

complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk.”

Thanks guys

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:08 pm

It looks good. No decision has been made but it seems like they are going to work on your application as matter of priority. You should hear from them soon.

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Thank you Zerrubabel

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Update: So yesterday made it 14 working days since I told a decision will be made on my application. However, I didn’t hear back about my application.

I wrote them today via the paid mail to ask if a decision has been made or an update on my application and I got the following reply:

“Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Contact Centre.

We escalated your case to the relevant department on 05/11/2020 to arrange the return of passport. You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.

Your patience is highly appreciated.”

Does this mean a decision has been made if they are escalating to return m documents?

I’d really appreciate a response.

PS: I emailed back to ask if they’ve made a decision though but they haven’t responded.

Thanks

Gnud3mn
Nigeria

Post by Gnud3mn » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:45 pm

Update: I’ve waited for more than 15 working days and I haven’t received any email yet for passport collection or refusal.

I don’t know what to do anymore. The paid emails aren’t helpful as they keep giving me excuses and asking me to wait for some more days. This time (20 working days). I have made another complaint concerning the return of my documents.

Decision was made towards the end of Oct. Its already more than a month since then so how long do I need to wait?

Others who applied recently have been getting decisions and it’s becoming frustrating as I’ve already waited for more than 9 months.

Kamoe/Zerrubabel, please any suggestions for what to do?