ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Format for Writing a letter to MP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 4 to FLRM visa switch

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:35 pm

HI All,

Background:

I am applying for Family Visa (spouse of a settled person). I am currently on my Tier4 Visa (expiring Nov 2020).

We married each other in Dec 2019 in Pakistan, and then came back to the UK in Jan 2020. Since then I have been living with my husband.

Whilst filling out the application, I came across two questions that I am puzzled about.

Questions:

1. Under Finance section there is a question "Do you own or rent your home?". I am unsure how to answer this question as I don't know who is this question addressed to. I don't own the home, but my husband does.
There are three options available that says "I own" "I rent" "Neither own nor rent".
Currently I have selected "Neither own nor rent". Then it asks me who provides accommodation, there I have mentioned "My husband". The other option that we think we can select is "I own" but that is not true , I don't own the house my husband does, unless the question is addressed to my husband.

2. Under the main application section , under Living with your partner. It asks whether I live with my partner to which I answered "yes". The it asks me when did we start living together I have mentioned "Jan 2020". Then I have given the address. However, at the bottom it asks me to provide confirmation that I will provide correspondence for 2 years showing that we have been living at the same address for two year. I cannot provide this as we have just started living together since Jan 2020. Do I leave this box unchecked and not provide evidence of correspondence or do I check this box and then provide correspondence since Jan 2020? or do something else?

Can someone please help me? Me and my husband are both unsure how to proceed with either of the questions.

Regards,

Sadiq

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 4 to FLRM visa switch

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:45 pm

1. Just reply own

2. That is one of the frequently asked question which always receives the reply that it isn't being asked to those applying the first phase of spouse visa. Usually the same flrm form is being used for those extending their spouse visa after 30/33 months and on that point 2 years of cohabitation evidences are needed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 pm

Thanks , so does that I mean I supply no correspondence in either my name or my husbands name and leave the box unchecked?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:41 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:29 pm
Thanks , so does that I mean I supply no correspondence in either my name or my husbands name and leave the box unchecked?
For proving subsisting relationship with partner you still need to supply some documents which should cover the time when you both started knowing/meeting each other.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:37 pm

Thanks Seagul,

yes we do have some letters, for e.g.
1. Council Tax in our Joint names.
2. Both Our bank statements show our current address where we live together.
3. Both our DVLA licenses show our current address.
4. Husbands name on gas and electric bills.

But its just that we don't have 12 pieces of documents we only have 10. Five in the husbands name and 3 in the wife's name and one in joint names. That brings the total to 10 documents not 12 as the form suggests to provide.

To further prove subsiding relationship, we have our wedding photos.

I am struggling to get 2 more pieces of documents in the applicants name.

Any guidance that you can provide will be highly appreciated.
Regards,

Sadiq

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:51 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:37 pm
Thanks Seagul,

yes we do have some letters, for e.g.
1. Council Tax in our Joint names.
2. Both Our bank statements show our current address where we live together.
3. Both our DVLA licenses show our current address.
4. Husbands name on gas and electric bills.

But its just that we don't have 12 pieces of documents we only have 10. Five in the husbands name and 3 in the wife's name and one in joint names. That brings the total to 10 documents not 12 as the form suggests to provide.

To further prove subsiding relationship, we have our wedding photos.

I am struggling to get 2 more pieces of documents in the applicants name.

Any guidance that you can provide will be highly appreciated.
Regards,

Sadiq
6 piece of cohabitation evidences rule doesnt apply to you at this stage (same as said above). Whatever evidence you have you just use it and those you mentioned above should be more than sufficient.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 pm

Thank Seagul, I hope everyone reading this is healthy and keeping safe.

I was going through the application again before submission, and I released a couple of more points that I think others will also encounter and get puzzled by.

1. When starting the application there is a question that says "What is your relationship to the person you are applying to remain with in the UK" . There are 5 options,

Partner
Child
Parent
Other family member
I am not applying as a family member.

I just noticed that "Spouse" is not in there on the list. Does that mean I am on the wrong form? or does this mean that the Partner is equivalent of a spouse?

2. Under Finance there is a question "Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?"
My husband earns over the £18,600/year requirement and has some savings above the minimum savings requirement as well.
Do we say we will use both employment and savings or just respond to this question by saying we will rely upon my husbands employment only?

Regards,

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 pm

I was going through the application again before submission, and I released a couple of more points that I think others will also encounter and get puzzled by.

1. When starting the application there is a question that says "What is your relationship to the person you are applying to remain with in the UK" . There are 5 options,

Partner
Child
Parent
Other family member

I just noticed that "Spouse" is not in there on the list. Does that mean I am on the wrong form? or does this mean that the Partner is equivalent of a spouse?

2. Under Finance there is a question "Which types of income will you rely on to meet the financial requirement?"
My husband earns over the £18,600/year requirement and has some savings above the minimum savings requirement as well.
Do we say we will use both employment and savings or just respond to this question by saying we will rely upon my husbands employment only?

Regards,

1. Partner

2. To keep the paper work less involved for a straightforward case simply answer employment unless the bank statements in which you receive salary also showing cash savings. If so then no harm in saying that you are using cash saving route too which is just for backup purposes in case if the salary is miscalculated but might be covered through cash savings.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:53 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:

Partner
Child
Parent
Other family member

Regards,
1. Partner = Spouse

2. Note that meeting financial requirements is a sticking point for HO so follow the choice that ensure your application does not become complicated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:33 pm
sadiqkhans1 wrote:

Partner
Child
Parent
Other family member

Regards,

1. Partner

2. To keep the paper work less involved for a straightforward case simply answer employment unless the bank statements in which you receive salary also showing cash savings. If so then no harm in saying that you are using cash saving route too which is just for backup purposes in case if the salary is miscalculated but might be covered through cash savings.
Seagul has given a good response to question 2.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:21 am

Hi All,

Ok so I am in a pickle again.

I tried to save the application without checking the field

"I confirm I will provide items of correspondence addressed to Mrs XXXXXX and Mr XXXXX at the same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or from the date you first started living together, covering the last 2 years"

But it wont let me without saying yes to this field. So the only option for me is to say "Yes" to this field. But as we only starting living together in Jan 2020, I cant provide the documents.

Below this check box there is another check box that says

If you and your partner lived with relatives or friends for some or all of the 2-year period, please provide a letter from the relative(s) and/or friend(s) confirming this.
I confirm I will provide:
A letter from relative(s) or friend(s) confirming I or my partner lived with them for some or all of the 2-year period

Should I say yes tothis box and provide a letter from the wife's parents confirming that she lived with them as we were not married prior to Jan 2020? or leave this check box blank and only check the first box above?

A little confused about how to proceed.

Please help!

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:06 pm

Any ideas guys? Really need some help. :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:11 pm

It can only be answered by someone's own latest experience in similar circumstances.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:24 am

Thanks seagul.

I am guessing I will have to bite the bullet here and go for a lawyer. Anyone know any good and affordable lawyers that can help me with my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:09 am

Members are not permitted to post names and details of lawyers in the forum.

Note also the checklist is auto-generated. You are NOT required to provide 2 years cohabitation evidence if switching to FLR m from another visa category.

HO do actually know the rules!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Submitting Documents via UKVCAS website

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Hi ,

I need some help guys.

I applied my wife's visa back on 10th April 2020. Due to Covid-19 we were unable to get any appointments . And therefore we were only able to upload documents on UKVCAS website.

In early June, she got an email from UKVI asking for some of the documents (e.g. Marriage Certificate, English language and correspondence proof for both myself and the applicant [my wife]).

Earlier this month she got another email, telling her that she does not need to attend an appointment to submit her biometrics as they will use the biometrics form her previous application.

however, now the UKVCAS has an option to "SUBMIT" documents to UKVI. This implies that the documents we uploaded are sitting with UKVCAS and have not been submitted to UKVI.

My question is:

1. Shall I "SUBMIT" the documents to UKVI via the option on UKVCAS system? OR
2. Shall I upload latest documents of the sponsor (me) (e.g. bank statements, employment letter) as the application was made three months ago in April before submitting? OR
3. DO nothing and wait for further emails from UKVI?

Thanks,

Sadiq

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Submitting Documents via UKVCAS website

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:28 pm

1. Shall I "SUBMIT" the documents to UKVI via the option on UKVCAS system? OR
You can submit.
2. Shall I upload latest documents of the sponsor (me) (e.g. bank statements, employment letter) as the application was made three months ago in April before submitting? OR
Your supporting documents must be dated on or before the date you applied online. You do NOT have to send updated documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Submitting Documents via UKVCAS website

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Thank CR001, you are a star.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

FLRM visa delayed -How to raise a query

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am

Hi All,

I applied my wife's FLRM visa on April 3rd 2020. Till date I have not received a decision.

I need to know how to contact UKVI about the progress of the application as it has been over 15 weeks now.

My wife did receive an email on 18 Jun, asking for documents (such as marriage certificate, proof of correspondence etc ).

Subsequently she also revived an email on 4 July, telling her that they do not need her to submit her biometrics as UKVI will reuse her biometrics from her previous application.

Can someone please help , I think I need to know the status of the application as it is longer then what most people are reporting here on the timelines thread?

Regards,

Sadiq

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLRM visa delayed -How to raise a query

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:11 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am
Hi All,

I applied my wife's FLRM visa on April 3rd 2020. Till date I have not received a decision.

I need to know how to contact UKVI about the progress of the application as it has been over 15 weeks now.

My wife did receive an email on 18 Jun, asking for documents (such as marriage certificate, proof of correspondence etc ).

Subsequently she also revived an email on 4 July, telling her that they do not need her to submit her biometrics as UKVI will reuse her biometrics from her previous application.

Can someone please help , I think I need to know the status of the application as it is longer then what most people are reporting here on the timelines thread?

Regards,

Sadiq
You won't be given any update because there are numerous others who are waiting before of you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Hi All,

You are obviously aware that there is a worldwide pandemic going with lockdowns and WFH instructions and everything (ie all UKVI applications) have been delayed substantially. Perspective!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Covee
United Kingdom

Post by Covee » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:53 pm
sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Hi All,

You are obviously aware that there is a worldwide pandemic going with lockdowns and WFH instructions and everything (ie all UKVI applications) have been delayed substantially. Perspective!!

UKVI have a service level to adhere to, despite the coronavirus being an 'Act of God', they still have a duty to try their best to provide the service.

In the scheme of things 15 weeks is not a long time. Remember the service level is working days not calendar days.

I suggest you contact your local MP by phoning their constituency office and send them an email. Provide your MP with your visa ref number and have them contact UKVI on your behalf to chase for updates.

sadiqkhans1
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Format for Writing a letter to MP

Post by sadiqkhans1 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:17 pm

HI All,

I need some help in formatting a letter to my local MP regarding the visa application I made for my wife.

Some history on the application

Application Made: 13 April 2020.
Home Office Request Documents to begin assessment of application : 18 JUN 2020
Documents sent to Home Office via Email : 18 JUN 2020
All documents submitted to Home Office via UKVCAS portal : July 2020
Bio Metric Reuse email received : July 2020
Case escalated to Home Office via Contact Center : Aug 2020
HO suggested to enroll Bio-metrics so that a decision can be completed : 7 Aug 2020
Opted Out of Biometric Reuse :10 Aug 2020
Bio-metrics enrolled : Aug 2020
Case Re-escalated to Home Office : 21 Aug 2020 (told a response will be in 5 days)
No response received by Home Office within 5 working days of escalation: I was informed the case was re-escalated to the wrong team , and the correct team will get back to me by 2nd Sept 2020

No Response received until 3rd Sept 2020, I called in again and the case got re-escalated the third time. I was told there is nothing else that can be done.

Therefore I was thinking I should write a letter to my local MP and explain the scenario as this has taken a lot longer that I thought (especially since HO informed me by email that they are starting to assess the application on 18th Jun 2020).

I understand that due to COVID timelines are a bit skewed. However, operations are now back to normal for some time now, and not getting any status update is giving me a lot of mental stress.

Can anyone help me with a format of the letter to an MP?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Format for Writing a letter to MP

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:21 pm

There is not set format for this.
Make a formal letter with details of your application and requesting MP to help you follow up.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Format for Writing a letter to MP

Post by seagul » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:09 pm

sadiqkhans1 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:17 pm
HI All,

I need some help in formatting a letter to my local MP regarding the visa application I made for my wife.

Some history on the application

Application Made: 13 April 2020.
Home Office Request Documents to begin assessment of application : 18 JUN 2020
Documents sent to Home Office via Email : 18 JUN 2020
All documents submitted to Home Office via UKVCAS portal : July 2020
Bio Metric Reuse email received : July 2020
Case escalated to Home Office via Contact Center : Aug 2020
HO suggested to enroll Bio-metrics so that a decision can be completed : 7 Aug 2020
Opted Out of Biometric Reuse :10 Aug 2020
Bio-metrics enrolled : Aug 2020
Case Re-escalated to Home Office : 21 Aug 2020 (told a response will be in 5 days)
No response received by Home Office within 5 working days of escalation: I was informed the case was re-escalated to the wrong team , and the correct team will get back to me by 2nd Sept 2020

No Response received until 3rd Sept 2020, I called in again and the case got re-escalated the third time. I was told there is nothing else that can be done.

Therefore I was thinking I should write a letter to my local MP and explain the scenario as this has taken a lot longer that I thought (especially since HO informed me by email that they are starting to assess the application on 18th Jun 2020).

I understand that due to COVID timelines are a bit skewed. However, operations are now back to normal for some time now, and not getting any status update is giving me a lot of mental stress.

Can anyone help me with a format of the letter to an MP?

Thanks
First and foremost is to enquire as whether is he/she available and then before sending an email try to speak with him/her over the phone.