ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise - procedure for an HSMP dependant to move to Tier 1?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ateer

Advise - procedure for an HSMP dependant to move to Tier 1?

Post by ateer » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi all,

I know that an HSMP dependant needs to apply from his/her home country to apply for the Tier1 category. I hold an HSMP dependant visa and have been working in the UK for past 1.5 yrs. I intend to now apply for Tier 1 visa.My question is -

1) Where do I have to submit my documents to? What exactly does it mean - Dependants apply Tier 1 from home country? Does it mean that I need to apply for my Tier1 to UK embassy in India?

2) If yes, then will the same point system hold good for me even in my home country as in the UK?

3) In short, I just need to know the detailed procedure to follow in order to apply 'out of the UK' yet showing documents issued in the UK.

4) How many days would I need to stay in my home country in order to get the approval from there?

5) I come from Pune, India. Can I apply for same there or do I must apply from Mumbai?

Any advise would be of great help

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:01 am

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ateer

Post by ateer » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta. This would give me some pointers.