ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving home

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IrobotZ
China

Moving home

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi

My application was approved late June but still waiting for the invitation letter, the problem is that I wont be able to have a stable address for the next few months and I dont really wanna change my address multiple times with the home office due to the fact that they are not the most responsive org in the UK :| .

What should I do? Is it ok to appoint a legal adviser and use the solicitor's address? Is there any better alternatives?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Moving home

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 pm

IrobotZ wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm
Hi

My application was approved late June but still waiting for the invitation letter, the problem is that I wont be able to have a stable address for the next few months and I dont really wanna change my address multiple times with the home office due to the fact that they are not the most responsive org in the UK :| .

What should I do? Is it ok to appoint a legal adviser and use the solicitor's address? Is there any better alternatives?

Thanks
Changing address can be tricky when it comes to official mail. However, you can use the UKVI address change service. Also, note, you chose a council to attend your ceremony when you completed your form. Changing the council (if needed) will take longer. Given the recent times it could be a nightmare if you attempt to do that.

Do you not have any relative/friend whose permanent address can be used for your correspondence?

Even if you change your address, note sometimes the official mail can be sent at the previous address in error. Its always a best practice to keep a contact at your previous address if possible and use Royal Mail redirection (which again can not be really trusted with official mail).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:57 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:49 pm
IrobotZ wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:35 pm
Hi

Thanks
Changing address can be tricky when it comes to official mail. However, you can use the UKVI address change service. Also, note, you chose a council to attend your ceremony when you completed your form. Changing the council (if needed) will take longer. Given the recent times it could be a nightmare if you attempt to do that.

Do you not have any relative/friend whose permanent address can be used for your correspondence?

Even if you change your address, note sometimes the official mail can be sent at the previous address in error. Its always a best practice to keep a contact at your previous address if possible and use Royal Mail redirection (which again can not be really trusted with official mail).
Thanks very much for the detailed info, I do have friends with permanent address in the UK but I am not sure if its legal to do it as I am not actually living with my friend, would I ends up with trouble if I use my friend's address instead of using my real address? The current situation is really dreadful as I been waiting for a year and half for my naturalisation application and more than 2 months for the invitation letter... with my situation I dont even know if i would be able to get the letter before the end of the year... Could I talk to the council directly to try to attend the ceremony without the invitation?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:08 pm

You need the HO invitation letter to attend the ceremony. Council will not let you attend before that. You can use your relative/friend’s address for correspondence address. I have used it myself for one of my previous visas. No issues.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:17 pm

IrobotZ
China

Post by IrobotZ » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:39 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:08 pm
You need the HO invitation letter to attend the ceremony. Council will not let you attend before that. You can use your relative/friend’s address for correspondence address. I have used it myself for one of my previous visas. No issues.
Thanks very much, Appreciate your help