ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

possible reason for delay on pre Oct.'04 applications.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

paresh1

possible reason for delay on pre Oct.'04 applications.

Post by paresh1 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:57 pm

The WP(UK) business plan clealy mentions that their working efficiency will be checked w.r.t. proceesing of applications received post October 2004. Could this be the cause for the indifference to the pre Oct.'04 applications?. Why don't all of us post our opinions on this forum on how do we make HO aware about ethical practices.

http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... 004-05.pdf[/url]

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:13 pm

They seem to have decided to inconvience thousands of pple for the sake of glorifying their 'standards'. i think a better thing to do was to phase in the standards incorporating those who applied b4 Nov 31st. i just hope that now that they seem to have cleared December in Jan applications they dont start looking at the rest of the applications backwards that is November/october/ sept then back to June

fulcrum05
Newly Registered

Post by fulcrum05 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:49 am

If one can skim through the Business Plan for 2004/05 of Work Permits(UK) -

On page no 7

They mention that their performance is measured against the service standard of

Make decisions on 50% of all applications under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme within 4 weeks (20 working days) and 90% of all applications in 13 weeks (65 working days) of receipt by Work Permits (UK).

I believe that the recent quick decisions i.e. for applications filed in Decemeber 04 is part of their targets but don' t understand the logic of keeping the June 04 applicants still waiting ...

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 am

I agree with you there Fulcrum, they decided to start on new leaf and they seem to be completely ignoring Pre - Dec 1 applications for the time being. the only positive thing about it is that they seem to be doing the the dec / jan applications at a much faster rate than they were going b4 and so hopefully when they get back to the queue they will move swiftly. Just have to wait and see if they will publish anything about it in the next week or so in terms of that business plan.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:23 pm

with the number of applications they have been processing for post Oct applications, they will try and meet the service levels for the new reporting year and then move to clear the backlog from June. I do no think this is fair, however, it they are processing really fast. My guess is that within next 4 to 6 weeks, they all 2004 applications will have been processed and the HSMP wait time will be back to normal acceptable levels. Good Luck.

lightpace

Post by lightpace » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:52 pm

well desiguy i really wish this will be the way it goes for it's not been easy for us pre-october applicants. within 4 to 6 weeks from now really sounds good after 8 months waiting :shock: :shock: :?
"A friend is one who comes in after the rest of the world has gone out"
- Bradley Tyler

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:58 pm

I expect (hope) there will be some form of update on the operational levels on Monday it really seems that they went thru the Dec / jan quite fast so hopefully they will move with the same pace for the rest of appliations ( unless of course if maybe thy recieved far less applications in Dec / Jan than they did on June 7) :cry: