ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accommodation requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tania10
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Accommodation requirements

Post by Tania10 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:15 am

Hi guys,

It’s me again! I hope you all can indulge me.

I’m applying for my spouse visa sometime this week and I need to make sure I’m on the right track.

So my husband and I are currently living in my uncles house. He’s writing us a letter to state that we are allowed to be there indefinitely but the problem is that his ex wife’s name is still on the land deed.

They separated nine years ago and she left, my uncle hasn’t gotten around to taking her name off the house yet. I’m submitting the letter from him, property inspection report and the land deed (which still has the wife’s name as co-owner)

It’s a three bedroom house and it meets the accommodation requirement. It’s just me, my partner and my uncle living here at the moment.

Will her name being on the deed mess my application up?

What do I do? Should I explain this in the cover letter?