ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application - Correcting Errors

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagatinno
Newly Registered

Naturalization Application - Correcting Errors

Post by nagatinno » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:07 am

Hi all,

I have submitted my application on 6th Sep and after submitting the application i have realized that i was away from 29-Aug-2015 to 15-Sep-2015. Is there anyway i can get this error corrected or have the application resubmitted after 16-Sep-2020.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Nagesh.

luckylucky7
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Naturalization Application - Correcting Errors

Post by luckylucky7 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:06 pm

You can email the HO and request for your application to be withdrawn as long as you have not submitted your biometrics yet. You would also receive a refund I believe (I had to withdraw my application last year and they didn't hesitate and refunded me in full).

In the email state that you understand your application will be rejected otherwise, alongside with the details as to why.

I emailed both of these addresses:
NationalityProgress@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk,
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

And received confirmation of the withdrawal from this address the next day:
PMExceptionsTechnical@homeoffice.gov.uk

So you might also want to email that email address directly :)

nagatinno
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalization Application - Correcting Errors

Post by nagatinno » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 pm

As per the document available at https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa#:~:text= ... pplication there seems to be an online form to cancel the applications.

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... 1596212322

Also while submitting the application there is a decalaration which says that the fee will not be refunded if i have to withdraw the application.

I confirm the information supplied is complete, true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
I understand that:
if I withdraw an application, the fee will not be refunded;
if I am the main applicant (or main applicant’s legal representative) and I withdraw my application, this will also withdraw the applications for my dependants;
if I am not the main applicant (or am the legal representative of another applicant) and I withdraw my application this will only withdraw my application and I will only receive documents which I am named on;
if I have stated that I am a legal representative, this has previously been confirmed to the Home Office in the form of an authority signed by my client;
if I ask for documents back, the application may take longer to process;
if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK;
if I am a legal representative and my client is the main applicant or another applicant who is subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my client’s travel document for identity purposes I understand that if my client uses those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man their application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. They may also be unable to re-enter the UK

Can anyone confirm this please.

Thanks,
Nagesh.