ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certified copies of passport - how to?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gotaquestion
Newly Registered

Certified copies of passport - how to?

Post by gotaquestion » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:21 pm

Hello

I would like to confirm how to obtain a certified copy. This is to submit an application (EEA4) to the Home Office / UK Border Agency with certified copies of the original passports, as we need the passports for frequent travel.

We have done one document with a solicitor and another with a JP (justice of the peace). The certified copies we got are basically photocopies that say in each page something along the lines of "we heryby certify that this is a true copy of the original passport". The solicitor included a company stamp with address and the date, but not his name/position. The JP included an abbreviated name and a signature, but no institutional stamp or date.

I was expecting this to include the certifier's full name and some sort of registration number or license number, so the identity could be verified if required.

Can anyone share some light on this? Is the Post Office Identity Checking Service a plausible option?

Thanks in advance

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:22 am

What you have will be ok. The lawyer side will be fine. It would have helped if the JP had put some more information as you said. Is there enough to be able to identify the JP - I imagine he /she has put their initial plus surname and signed and dated it? Would have been nice to put a contact address phone number etc. It should just about scrape through. UKBA will perform checks on the doc's in any event.

The worst that can happen - UKBA ask for another attested document which will further delay the application.

gotaquestion
Newly Registered

Post by gotaquestion » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:51 pm

Thanks for the feedback

I found some guidelines from Lloyds on certifying documents:
http://www.lloydstsb-offshore.com/NR/rd ... rt1105.pdf

Ideally the certified copies will have certifier's name, position, stamp, address, telefone, etc.

Have anyone used the Post Office Identity Checking Service?