ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

For EC: Any alternative to bank balance criteria ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

orange
Newly Registered

For EC: Any alternative to bank balance criteria ?

Post by orange » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:26 am

Hello all,

Is there any alternative to satisfy the maintenance requirement for Tier 1 other than the bank balance criteria? Can a confirmed offer of employment and a letter from that employer to the visa issuing officer stating that all the expenses for relocation and initial setup will be paid by the employer be sufficient?

Background:

I am an Indian national working in France.

I got my HSMP approval letter in August 2008. I can not apply for EC immediately as unfortunately I have not been maintaining the required balance in my account for the past 3 months. Hence, now I have pooled in funds from different investments to prepare the necessary balance. By maintaining these funds till December, I can apply for EC in January.

In the mean time I have got a job offer in UK from my current employer (in France). But the offer requires me to be in UK ASAP. Hence I am wondering If I can apply for EC NOW with the job offer letter instead of waiting till January.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: For EC: Any alternative to bank balance criteria ?

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:23 am

orange wrote:Is there any alternative to satisfy the maintenance requirement for Tier 1 other than the bank balance criteria?
No.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!