ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application for family members

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Naturalisation application for family members

Post by Rubablu » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:53 pm

Hi everyone
I have some questions if any one can help me.
My situation is -
I have ILR for more than 3 years. My wife and son( he become 18 years this September) received ILR recently.
My question is-
Can we apply for naturalisation together as a family now ? Or Do they need wait for another one year ?

Thank you for your support.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation application for family members

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 pm

They will have to wait 12 months on ILR to apply for British Citizenship.

In the mean while, if you apply now and are approved in due course (lets say after 4 months), your spouse (assuming you are married) can apply right away on basis of you being a British Citizen. She might save some months then.

Since your child is 18+, he will have to wait 12 months on ILR.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rubablu
United Kingdom

Post by Rubablu » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:47 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:56 pm
They will have to wait 12 months on ILR to apply for British Citizenship.

In the mean while, if you apply now and are approved in due course (lets say after 4 months), your spouse (assuming you are married) can apply right away on basis of you being a British Citizen. She might save some months then.

Since your child is 18+, he will have to wait 12 months on ILR.
thank you for your answer.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:56 pm

Rubablu wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:53 pm
son( he become 18 years this September) received ILR recently
Your son will need to meet all the requirements for naturalisation (physical presence, absences, LITUK test, English language, etc) as he would be applying for naturalisation as an adult in his own right, not as a dependant.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.