ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Application Yes/No

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haqhash

BC Application Yes/No

Post by haqhash » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:14 am

Dear Moderators and Senior Members ,
I am asking this on behalf of a close friend of mine. He is on ILR granted in 2016 on basis of LR. He has 2 British children (one by naturalisation and other by birth). One 8 years and other 3 years both born in UK. Wife on dependent visa

He had some tax issues back in 2011 which were sorted later and all tax paid.

If he applies for BC , what are the chances to be approved?

Your response will be very much appreciated

Regards

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC Application Yes/No

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:54 am

If friend satisfies all the requirements then there shouldn't be any reason why he wouldn't be approved.
Refer to the guidance - page 6: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... n-guidance
Recommend he reviews the whole document, and perhaps registers on the forum for further questions.
Tax issues are not normally an issue unless he was taken to court and convicted of an offence/crime.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:14 am

Many Thanks for your reply.

In case of any undesired outcome, can his wife future visa or his ILR status be affected?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:11 am

haqhash wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:14 am
Many Thanks for your reply.

In case of any undesired outcome, can his wife future visa or his ILR status be affected?
His ILR or his wife's visa would not be affected in case of refusal - are there any concerns?
Naturalisation is a discretionary application, under the British Nationality Act, NOT immigration regulations.
You don't have to apply, or apply within a certain timeframe.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:28 am

Thanks for your reply.

The only concern is his tax issue which was amended alter. He is concerned that might be flagged up and may cause any issues.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:14 am

haqhash wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:28 am
Thanks for your reply.

The only concern is his tax issue which was amended alter. He is concerned that might be flagged up and may cause any issues.
I seem to recall some similar queries in relation to tax issues and ILR though no reports of adverse impact.

haqhash

Post by haqhash » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:11 am

ok many thanks

vaza
Cayman Islands

Post by vaza » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:31 pm

There is a very specific issue with tax return amendments - where the person appears to have exaggerated income to meet immigration rules and later amend to reduce income to pay less tax. Anything else should not be a problem as advised.