ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 application queries

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

MN1 application queries

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:28 am

Hi

i was hoping someone could help me with a few queries. I am planning on registering my 2 kids (6 and 6 months old) as my partner just got ILR.

1) what referees can I use for the younger child as there's no relationship established with any professionals (i.e. teachers or health visitor)

2) when it comes to trying to take a passport photo for the referee forms this is impossible as he doesn't sit still at all!! what alternatives do I have?

3) can I apply for both of them on the same form online? seems a bit ridiculous if I have to create a separate application for both? if so how can I do this?

Thanks

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: MN1 application queries

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi

can anyone please help with the queries below?

Kamana
Hong Kong

Post by Kamana » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 pm

1 - Try GP / midwife or anyone who has seen him in a professional capacity. Getting it from GP might take few weeks. A year ago I applied for my 6 month old and 3 year old, I tried my GP first, but they gave 1000 excuses not to sign it, luckily managed to get it signed from the Health Visitor.

2- Try Tesco - they do for babies.

3- I did in one online application for my 6 month and 3 year old.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 pm

Photos of babies and children
Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.

Children under 6 do not have to be looking directly at the camera or have a plain expression.

Children under one do not have to have their eyes open. You can support their head with your hand, but your hand must not be visible in the photo.

Children under one should lie on a plain light-coloured sheet. Take the photo from above.
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Try the step which the user posted in the previous comment. If they refuse, write a cover letter and provide evidence that you contacted them. Use another referee then (who does not know the child in professional capacity but knows the child personally). HO is not strict when it comes to referees involving young babies.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Kamana wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 pm
1 - Try GP / midwife or anyone who has seen him in a professional capacity. Getting it from GP might take few weeks. A year ago I applied for my 6 month old and 3 year old, I tried my GP first, but they gave 1000 excuses not to sign it, luckily managed to get it signed from the Health Visitor.

2- Try Tesco - they do for babies.

3- I did in one online application for my 6 month and 3 year old.

Thanks
Thanks will do. appreciate you taking the time!!

Toyaki55
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Toyaki55 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:24 pm
Photos of babies and children
Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.

Children under 6 do not have to be looking directly at the camera or have a plain expression.

Children under one do not have to have their eyes open. You can support their head with your hand, but your hand must not be visible in the photo.

Children under one should lie on a plain light-coloured sheet. Take the photo from above.
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

Try the step which the user posted in the previous comment. If they refuse, write a cover letter and provide evidence that you contacted them. Use another referee then (who does not know the child in professional capacity but knows the child personally). HO is not strict when it comes to referees involving young babies.
thanks for the above CULLINAN will take that on board. Appreciate it!!!