ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of IRP based on being a spouse of a British Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joanfar
Philippines

Extension of IRP based on being a spouse of a British Citizen

Post by joanfar » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:16 am

Good day to you all,

I currently hold a Stamp 4 EUFAM based on being a spouse of a British citizen. My application was approved last year and my approval letter says I was given a 5-year validity however when I registered in Galway, they only gave me up to the validity of my then passport in October 2020. The stamp will have to be transferred to my new passport however the closest appointment they could give me is for February next year. Has anyone got the same experience/problem? How would that go with the Brexit situation? If anyone has any thoughts kindly advise, thanks.

Granista
BANNED
American Samoa

Re: Extension of IRP based on being a spouse of a British Citizen

Post by Granista » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:27 am

Nobody can tell you, since no-one knows what is going to happen. You won't be entitled to EUFAM in Feb next year, there is likely to be a new scheme set up to deal with family of UK citizens, but there isn't one yet.
You're just going to have to wait and see.