ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

References information

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

i-need-time
Newly Registered

British citizenship

Post by i-need-time » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm

I will apply for my british citizenship on 05Aug2020. I am not sure how to avoid expensive solicitors fees and apply by myself. For the past 10 years i have good character however I recently got 3 points on my driving licence (speed camera). Will that affect my ability to apply?

I was working full time but due to disability, i am now on benefit. Will that affect my application?

What do I need to do? (To apply by myself)

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: British citizenship

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:33 pm

i-need-time wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:32 pm
I will apply for my british citizenship on 05Aug2020. I am not sure how to avoid expensive solicitors fees and apply by myself. For the past 10 years i have good character however I recently got 3 points on my driving licence (speed camera). Will that affect my ability to apply?

I was working full time but due to disability, i am now on benefit. Will that affect my application?

What do I need to do? (To apply by myself)

Thank you
You have to start with the AN application form and guidance. Make sure you meet all the requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... on-form-an

Were you taken to court for speeding points? Or you just paid the FPN and did not challenge it?
If, you were not taken to court, it will have no effect.

And no, disability allowance will have no effect either.

If you have any more questions, post here, members will help you out.

I think 5th Aug is too early for you to apply, given you have to start from scratch reading and understanding the guidance etc.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:22 pm

Thank you.
I accepted it - i didn't go to court. I paid £157 and I received 3 points.

I am worried that I would have to wait further 3 years. I read on here "if you plead guilty by post for a traffic offence or are found guilty at court for a (even minor) traffic offence, this will amount to a conviction"

I pleaded guilty by post.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:44 pm

“Fixed penalty notices, penalty charge notices and penalty notices for disorder are imposed by the police or other authorised enforcement officers for traffic rule violations, environmental and civil violations. It is a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court.
Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record. A fixed penalty notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in line with the sentence imposed by the court.
However, multiple fixed penalty notices over a short period of time could demonstrate a disregard for the law and therefore demonstrate that someone is not of good character.”

Page 18:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Application and appointment times

Post by i-need-time » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi.
I will complete my 10 years good character requirement on 4/10/2020 (Sunday).
I want to apply ASAP so I can avoid the delay in biometric appointment etc,

what is the earliest time I can submit the application? on the online form, can I select a future date of Monday the 05/10/2020 for the application?

Do I need any reference to book the biometric appointment?

How do I submit the application and book the appointment?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application and appointment times

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:18 pm

what is the earliest time I can submit the application? on the online form, can I select a future date of Monday the 05/10/2020 for the application?
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. You cannot choose a future date to be your application date. You must meet all the requirements in the date you apply, submit and pay.
Do I need any reference to book the biometric appointment?
You will be directed to ukcvas or emailed to book an appointment.
How do I submit the application and book the appointment?
Apply online on form AN. When you can book an appointment depends on if the backlog has been cleared. Appointments are booked on ukcvas sopra steria website. You cannot book an appointment until you have applied and paid for the application online
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i-need-time
Newly Registered

References information

Post by i-need-time » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Hi. I am going to submit my application (from AN) on the 6 October. What information do i need from my references? Is it still two? One person has to be professional and other could be a friend? They both have to be unrelated to me?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: References information

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:40 pm

i-need-time wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:03 pm
Hi. I am going to submit my application (from AN) on the 6 October. What information do i need from my references? Is it still two? One person has to be professional and other could be a friend? They both have to be unrelated to me?

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

You will need referee:
1) Full Name
2) DOB
3) Address
4) Email Address
5) Contact Address (If less than 3 years then previous also)
6) Profession

You will need to input these details in the online form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:41 pm

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:15 pm

Thank you

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Hi. Do both the reference people have to be professional and working?
In my case, one is a Dr of Chemical engineering and working British and working permanent
2nd is research Scientist, professional, British but on a zero hours contract.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:52 pm

Both referees can be professional and British.
I believe they should be working but there's no rule on how they are contracted and what their pay arrangements are.
Professionals not working or retired should still be members of their professional body.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

i-need-time
Newly Registered

UKVCAS appointment

Post by i-need-time » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi. I am trying to book an appointment at Manchester (Temporary Core) but it seems every appointment is taken but the last weekend of the month. Appointment on the Saturday/Sunday are £110. Are there any other cheaper appointments? What can I do to make sure I can get a reasonable time and cheap.
Are all appointments same price?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:40 pm

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm

When asked on the application form, "A family member of an EEA national who has
been issued with a permanent residence card" i put yes. My brothers and sisters are British - they don't have a residence card but British passport.
Was that ok?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:46 pm

i-need-time wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:38 pm
When asked on the application form, "A family member of an EEA national who has
been issued with a permanent residence card" i put yes. My brothers and sisters are British - they don't have a residence card but British passport.
Was that ok?
This is NOT relevant to you if you hold ilr through the UK immigration route. This question is ONLY for family of EU (non British) citizens!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:20 pm

Ok, thanks. Should I have said/clicked no. How can I inform HO? What should I do?

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Document required

Post by i-need-time » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 am

"Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should
be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or
incapacitated person

Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxxxxxx for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if
applying as the spouse of a British Citizen"

Would my employer letter (5+ years ef employment) and a HMRC letter for employment records be sufficient for these two? Or should I give p60 for 5 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document required

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:15 am

i-need-time wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:00 am
"Evidence that you have been in the UK lawfully for your 3 or 5 year qualifying residence period. This should
be evidence that you were here as a worker, student, self-employed, self-sufficient, retired or
incapacitated person

Proof of living in the UK for Mr xxxxxxx for 5 years if applying in your own right or 3 years if
applying as the spouse of a British Citizen"

Would my employer letter (5+ years ef employment) and a HMRC letter for employment records be sufficient for these two? Or should I give p60 for 5 years?
Passports only if you followed a UK immigration route to ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Post by i-need-time » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:37 am

Passports and my copies of previous biometric card?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:41 am

i-need-time wrote:
Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:37 am
Passports and my copies of previous biometric card?
Passports ONLY.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

i-need-time
Newly Registered

Immigration history

Post by i-need-time » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 am

It asks for immigration details. I have approximately 23 years of history about i don't remember all the application dates/details. I can provide details for till September and 2010.
Would it be sufficient? Ps i rang the home office number and they told me that I can make changes to the application when I attend my UKVCAS appointment.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Immigration history

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:26 am

i-need-time wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:14 am
It asks for immigration details. I have approximately 23 years of history about i don't remember all the application dates/details. I can provide details for till September and 2010.
Would it be sufficient? Ps i rang the home office number and they told me that I can make changes to the application when I attend my UKVCAS appointment.
Just mention immigration applications. Dates are “if known” questions. Leave them empty or provide estimates if known.