ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Tier 1 Dependant - Appying for early extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

PBS Tier 1 Dependant - Appying for early extension

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi,
I currently hold a leave that will expire on March 2021 (1st extension) but because I cannot qualify for a 5 year period yet (5 years in UK will be on Oct 2021) I need to apply for another extension.
Can I submit an early application, (say December 2020) as I'm going to give birth on January 2021 and I want to process my extension application before we get quite busy with the new baby's arrival.
My husband has been granted British Citizenship since May 2018 (PBS Tier 1 route).
Appreciate reply on this. Thank you very much!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Tier 1 Dependant - Appying for early extension

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Can I submit an early application, (say December 2020) as I'm going to give birth on January 2021 and I want to process my extension application before we get quite busy with the new baby's arrival.
Yes. It will be a 3 year extension. Note that IHS fees are increasing on 1st October from £400 per year to £625 per year. If you meet the 90 maintenance requirements, you might want to apply before the increase in IHS fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.
Re IHS fee increase (which I was only became aware today :o ), that is a heartbreaker. I am submitting the extension application with 1 child so that means if I apply beyond October then we will have to pay £3,750 total for IHS fee alone :cry:

The maintenance funds we need to submit should not fall below £1,260 for the last 90 days right? If I will only submit my husband's bank account, it will not meet this requirement unfortunately. Just a wild reach, I have my own bank account where the Child benefits ( :?: ) where credited and I can say that it did not fall below 1,260. If I can I use that together with my husband's bank account, we might meet the 90 day requirement. Will this work?

The visa fees and IHS fee for me and my son for this extension application will be roughly about £6,194 if we can apply before October 1 but will increase to $7,544 if submitted beyond Oct 1. WOW! :cry:

Really appreciate your clarification and input. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:02 pm

The maintenance funds we need to submit should not fall below £1,260 for the last 90 days right?
Correct yes.
If I will only submit my husband's bank account, it will not meet this requirement unfortunately. Just a wild reach, I have my own bank account where the Child benefits ( :?: ) where credited and I can say that it did not fall below 1,260. If I can I use that together with my husband's bank account, we might meet the 90 day requirement. Will this work?
You cannot use child benefits to meet the maintenance funds requirements, it must be your/spouse's own money. You can use more than one bank account or statements from both of you to show maintenance funds. Hopefully it is your husband claiming child benefits in his name and not in your name.

Presumably your child was not born in the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm

It was my husband who was claiming the child benefits, but the funds was just directly credited to the bank account under my name.

The child benefits was for 2 kids ( the one I am including in my extension application was not born here in UK) , the other kid was and she has a British citizenship already.

I think the safest way is to just put in the required maintenance funds for the next 90 days and apply afterwards (around the December 2020), suffer the increase in IHS fee unfortunately.
:cry:

Definitely, we cannot submit the company bank statement in which my husband is self-employed as the sole director? If you may indulge to answer..
I am just trying to exhaust any option we can explore to avoid additional cost in this extension application.

Thanks again.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm

It was my husband who was claiming the child benefits, but the funds was just directly credited to the bank account under my name.

The child benefits was for 2 kids ( the one I am including in my extension application was not born here in UK) , the other kid was and she has a British citizenship already.

I think the safest way is to just put in the required maintenance funds for the next 90 days and apply afterwards (around the December 2020), suffer the increase in IHS fee unfortunately.
:cry:

Definitely, we cannot submit the company bank statement in which my husband is self-employed as the sole director? If you may indulge to answer..
I am just trying to exhaust any option we can explore to avoid additional cost in this extension application.

Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:38 pm

Definitely, we cannot submit the company bank statement in which my husband is self-employed as the sole director?
No, it has to be a personal bank statement. A company bank statement shows funds that belong to the business

If you have money in overseas bank accounts in either your names, that can also be used.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:53 pm

Thank you for the clarification.
Yes we do have funds back in a Philippine bank account that will definitely cover the maintenance requirement.
I can download the electronic copy of the bank statements also, I just fear that I still need to submit ORIGINAL bank statement print out which I will have a hard time to request and receive copy of since I cannot personally request it in the branch.
If electronic copies even without the bank stamp will suffice, then we can do this extension application before October 01.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:01 pm

All documents are uploaded digitally. No originals are sent to UKVI anymore.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:25 pm

Wow! This is the game changer for our application!

I did the online application last time (2018 for the 1st extension) and it just reminded me of the whole process again.. how docs have just been submitted electronically and the other steps we did like the biometrics and passport & BRP submission.

You have no idea how this makes my day. :) I will go over our documents once again and see what else I need to prepare and complete and start the online application ASAP.

I am so much grateful for all your responses. :D Blessings to you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:04 pm

You're welcome, come back and post in this topic if you have any further questions.

Out of interest, what was your initial visa start/issue date?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:55 pm

Thank you very much!

This is our visa application / immigration history.

Initial visa start & end: 29 Sept 2016 - 11 March 2018
Entered UK as dependant: 27 Oct 2016
Extension Application Submission Date: 13 Feb 2018
PBS Leave to Remain (currently holding): 24 March 2018 - 24 March 2021

Target 5 years to apply for ILR - October 2021, I hope i got that right. :)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi again,
Regarding the IHS payment, there is a question about "The person you're joining or remaining with" VISA EXPIRY. My husband already got his British Citizenship (BC passport expiry is 23 May 2028) so I am not sure what to answer re visa expiry.
Appreciate you reply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:50 pm

Just put a visa expiry date 3 years from the date you are submitting, i.e. if submitting tomorrow, put a date of 19th September 2023.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:46 pm

Got it!
Thanks much again. :)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:01 pm
Hi there again!
I was able to download electronic copy of bank statement from our overseas bank. However, the statement is in black & white, doesn't have any logo or header but in a regular statement format. :( It does include the following:
- bank transactions for the target 90 days requirement
- Account Holder's name and address and account number
- 24-hour Customer Service contact details of the bank

I am just concerned with it not having the logo or header to make it look like a normal bank statement.
Any advice on this?
Appreciate it a lot!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm

maricentr wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:12 pm
CR001 wrote:
Hi there again!
I was able to download electronic copy of bank statement from our overseas bank. However, the statement is in black & white, doesn't have any logo or header but in a regular statement format. :( It does include the following:

I am just concerned with it not having the logo or header to make it look like a normal bank statement.
Any advice on this?
Appreciate it a lot!
In that case you will have to get it stamped I am afraid.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:22 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:34 pm
maricentr wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Hi there again!

Any advice on this?
Appreciate it a lot!
Hi. That's the the thing, the bank is in overseas (in the Philippines) :(

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 pm

maricentr wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:22 pm
seagul wrote:
maricentr wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Hi there again!

Any advice on this?
Appreciate it a lot!
Try a letter of authority where your trustworthy person can visit the branch on your behalf. Or check as whether the bank has any overseas branch or at least a subsidiary in UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm
Yes. It will be a 3 year extension. Note that IHS fees are increasing on 1st October from £400 per year to £625 per year. If you meet the 90 maintenance requirements, you might want to apply before the increase in IHS fee.
Hi! How early can IHS fees be paid prior to visa application submission? Can it be paid 3months prior just to get the IHS reference number.. Just a wild thought to avoid the paying the increased fee by Oct 1.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:05 pm

maricentr wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:39 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:27 pm
Hi! How early can IHS fees be paid prior to visa application submission? Can it be paid 3months prior just to get the IHS reference number.. Just a wild thought to avoid the paying the increased fee by Oct 1.
Paying IHS is part of the online application process. You can try, but it might not work if you do not have a pending application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:43 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:27 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:43 pm
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigra ... ober-2020/

There is a delay.
Oh this is really good news! Thanks for the update. I am quite sure a lot of visa applicants were relieved by this IHS fee increase postponement.

maricentr
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by maricentr » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 pm
maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:
maricentr wrote:

Hi there again!

Any advice on this?
Appreciate it a lot!
Try a letter of authority where your trustworthy person can visit the branch on your behalf. Or check as whether the bank has any overseas branch or at least a subsidiary in UK.
Hi! Just an update.
Fortunately I was able to contact my overseas bank and they have provided me with electronic copies of my bank statement with transactions printed up until dated September 30, 2020 so I decided to finalize the submission of the extension application.

Online application submitted: 30 Sept 2020
IHS payment: 30 September
Biometrics Appointment via UKVCAS: 28 October 2020 @ Birmingham (New)
:)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:32 am

maricentr wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:53 pm
seagul wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:53 pm
maricentr wrote:
seagul wrote:

Hi! Just an update.
Fortunately I was able to contact my overseas bank and they have provided me with electronic copies of my bank statement with transactions printed up until dated September 30, 2020 so I decided to finalize the submission of the extension application. Knew there should be a way out as above as advancement in the banking sector has gone way beyond what it used to be that your not being physically available should not preclude getting docs like account statement.

Online application submitted: 30 Sept 2020
IHS payment: 30 September
Biometrics Appointment via UKVCAS: 28 October 2020 @ Birmingham (New)
:)