ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement latest acceptable date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ibnadam
United Kingdom

ILR ESOL qualification

Post by ibnadam » Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi

Was hoping if someone can help me with an ILR English requirement question.

My wife has a Level 1 ESOL Skills for Life qualification awarded in August 2017. Does this meet the requirement?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR ESOL qualification

Post by zimba » Thu May 21, 2020 1:58 pm

ibnadam wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm
Hi

Was hoping if someone can help me with an ILR English requirement question.

My wife has a Level 1 ESOL Skills for Life qualification awarded in August 2017. Does this meet the requirement?

Thanks.
No. ESOL is not accepted anymore. She needs SELT at level B1
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ibnadam
United Kingdom

ILR application queries & checklist

Post by ibnadam » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:41 pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well.

We are in the process of preparing for my wife's ILR application. Planning to apply on 1st of October, however I thought it was best to get few things checked now to give ourselves some extra time (this year is moving too fast anyway :D).

First, I've got few assumptions I wish to verify please:
- Based on reading some posts, it is no longer required to have signed passport photos for applicant and sponsor. Is this correct?
- The date of the application is the one we submit online application and upload documents on, so the 28 day rule is based on that day?
- We only need to upload scanned copies of the supporting documents (including passports), no need to provide original ones (still take them to appointment just in case)?

And finally, here is our proposed supporting documents checklist. Would very much appreciate it if I can get a second opinion on them please. Like I said we'll be applying in October, so some dates will be in the future.

Personal documents:
- Applicant's passport
- Applicant's previous expired passport
- Sponsor passport
- IELTS Life Skills B1 test certificate (to be taken & completed)
- Life in the UK test (to be taken & completed)

Relationship documents:
- Marriage certificate in original non-English language
- Marriage certificate translation
- Full birth certificate of child
- Child's passport
- Letter within last 3 months from GP addressed to our child, confirming his registration
- Letter within last 3 months from nursery addressed to our child, confirming his registration

Accommodation documents:
- Land registry
- Latest mortgage statement

Financial requirements (applying under Category A):
- Bank statements showing last 6 months salary payments (September, August, July, June, May, April)
- 6 latest payslips, stamped by HR department (September, August, July, June, May, April)
- Letter from HR department giving details as requested by form (e.g. length of employment, type of employment, salary, etc)

Cohabitation documents:
Given that we are applying in October this year, I assume the cohabitation letters need to start from October 2018?

Old address:
- October-2018: Bank statement (joint)
- February-2019: Water bill (joint)

Temporary address while we were selling old house and buying new one:
- July-2019: Bank statement (joint)

Current address:
- November-2019: Water bill (joint)
- March-2019 : Council tax bill (joint)
- June-2019: Bank statement (joint - to be received)
- September-2019: Bank statement (joint - to be received)

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application queries & checklist

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:45 pm

It all looks good. I can verify your understanding of the process is correct
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:47 pm

- Based on reading some posts, it is no longer required to have signed passport photos for applicant and sponsor. Is this correct?
Correct.
- The date of the application is the one we submit online application and upload documents on, so the 28 day rule is based on that day?
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online, this is the relevant date to your documents. Uploading document is irrelevant to this as your documents can be uploaded up to the day before your biometric appointment.
- We only need to upload scanned copies of the supporting documents (including passports), no need to provide original ones (still take them to appointment just in case)?
Correct.
And finally, here is our proposed supporting documents checklist. Would very much appreciate it if I can get a second opinion on them please. Like I said we'll be applying in October, so some dates will be in the future.

Personal documents:
- Applicant's passport
- Applicant's previous expired passport
- Sponsor passport
- IELTS Life Skills B1 test certificate (to be taken & completed)
- Life in the UK test (to be taken & completed)

Relationship documents:
- Marriage certificate in original non-English language
- Marriage certificate translation
- Full birth certificate of child
- Child's passport
- Letter within last 3 months from GP addressed to our child, confirming his registration
- Letter within last 3 months from nursery addressed to our child, confirming his registration

Accommodation documents:
- Land registry
- Latest mortgage statement

Financial requirements (applying under Category A):
- Bank statements showing last 6 months salary payments (September, August, July, June, May, April)
- 6 latest payslips, stamped by HR department (September, August, July, June, May, April)
- Letter from HR department giving details as requested by form (e.g. length of employment, type of employment, salary, etc)

Cohabitation documents:
Given that we are applying in October this year, I assume the cohabitation letters need to start from October 2018? Correct

Old address:
- October-2018: Bank statement (joint)
- February-2019: Water bill (joint)

Temporary address while we were selling old house and buying new one:
- July-2019: Bank statement (joint)

Current address:
- November-2019: Water bill (joint)
- March-2019 : Council tax bill (joint)
- June-2019: Bank statement (joint - to be received)
- September-2019: Bank statement (joint - to be received)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Post by ibnadam » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:26 pm

Thank you very much for the prompt replies, much appreciated.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

ILR number of payslips

Post by ibnadam » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi all,

Got a question about ILR and payslips please.

We're applying for my wife's ILR under category A, hence we need to submit payslips for the last 6 months.

I get paid on the 25th of every month. When submitting the application, do we submit the last 6 payslips we have, or do we submit payslips that cover 6 months?

For example if we submit the application in the first week of September, do we submit payslips for:
- 25th March, 25th April, 25th May, 25th June, 25th July, 25th August

Or do we also need to submit payslip for 25th February as well?

Thanks.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR number of payslips

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:28 pm

ibnadam wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:22 pm

For example if we submit the application in the first week of September, do we submit payslips for:
- 25th March, 25th April, 25th May, 25th June, 25th July, 25th August.
These along with corresponding bank statements should be fine.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Cohabitation documents latest allowed date

Post by ibnadam » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Hi all,

Got a question about cohabitation documents please.

We're wanting to submit the application this month. My last payslip is dated 25th of August, so really we wish to submit before the 20th of this month to stay within the 28 day rule.

We've been waiting for a joint bank statement to arrive by post so that we can add it as the final cohabitation document. Unfortunately it still hasn't arrived, and I wish to submit the application ASAP so that I don't miss the 28 day rule. We do have a joint bank statement dated on the 7th of August. Would this be OK to submit as the latest cohabitation document, or would we need a more recent one?

Thanks.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Cohabitation documents latest allowed date

Post by poper » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:11 pm

Your application process has two parts:
1. Submitting ILR application
2. Uploading supporting documents and biometrics

Its only on Step 2 you will need your supporting documents. This buys you more time as biometrics appointment is not immediately done. In my case, I am doing biometrics 2 weeks after application submission(owing to covid delays and appointment availability).
You have time till your biometrics submission to upload supporting documents
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Re: Cohabitation documents latest allowed date

Post by ibnadam » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:01 pm

poper wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:11 pm
Your application process has two parts:
1. Submitting ILR application
2. Uploading supporting documents and biometrics

Its only on Step 2 you will need your supporting documents. This buys you more time as biometrics appointment is not immediately done. In my case, I am doing biometrics 2 weeks after application submission(owing to covid delays and appointment availability).
You have time till your biometrics submission to upload supporting documents
That's a good shout. I can submit now, and given that the join bank statement I'm expecting is date on the 8th of this month, then technically it's before the submission date, so should be fine.

Thanks.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Time outside the UK question

Post by ibnadam » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:14 am

Hi all,

There is a question on the ILR form that asks if the applicant has been outside the UK. The question says not to include holidays of 2 weeks or less.

The only time the applicant has been outside the UK is on holiday between 09/07/2017 and 24/07/2017. This makes it 15 days, which is a day more than two weeks. I'm still wondering if it's worth answering the question with Yes and putting in those dates, or is it still a No because the period is not very long?

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Time outside the UK question

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:22 am

ibnadam wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:14 am
Hi all,

There is a question on the ILR form that asks if the applicant has been outside the UK. The question says not to include holidays of 2 weeks or less.

The only time the applicant has been outside the UK is on holiday between 09/07/2017 and 24/07/2017. This makes it 15 days, which is a day more than two weeks. I'm still wondering if it's worth answering the question with Yes and putting in those dates, or is it still a No because the period is not very long?

Thanks
Better yes and be unnecessary than no and be penalised.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 pm

The question says not to include holidays of 2 weeks or less.
Where did you get this???

Its 2 DAYS not weeks!
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Post by ibnadam » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:31 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:03 pm

Its 2 DAYS not weeks!
The form I'm currently filling is says 2 WEEKS.

I'm going to put in the holiday anyway just in case, but definitely says 2 weeks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 pm

ibnadam wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Its 2 DAYS not weeks!

I'm going to put in the holiday anyway just in case, but definitely says 2 weeks.
Which form is this??
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Post by ibnadam » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:09 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:32 pm
ibnadam wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:31 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Its 2 DAYS not weeks!

Which form is this??
ILR online form.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Post by ibnadam » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:11 pm

ibnadam
United Kingdom

UKVCAS scanning sponsor declaration

Post by ibnadam » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi all,

Question about scanning ILR documents please.

Can the sponsor declaration be scanned & uploaded on the day of the UKVCAS appointment, or does it need to be uploaded beforehand?

I'm just struggling to scan the passport pages with the scanner app I have, so I'm thinking of purchasing the scanning service as that will cost the same if I was to use a local shop for scanning. Was just wondering if the declaration can be part of that too.

Also does the declaration need to be dated on the same date of submitting the application online, or can be dated any time before the UKVCAS appointment?

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: UKVCAS scanning sponsor declaration

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:39 pm

ibnadam wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:20 pm
Hi all,

Question about scanning ILR documents please.

Can the sponsor declaration be scanned & uploaded on the day of the UKVCAS appointment, or does it need to be uploaded beforehand?
Anytime on/before appointment does not matter

I'm just struggling to scan the passport pages with the scanner app I have, so I'm thinking of purchasing the scanning service as that will cost the same if I was to use a local shop for scanning. Was just wondering if the declaration can be part of that too.

Also does the declaration need to be dated on the same date of submitting the application online, or can be dated any time before the UKVCAS appointment?
Does not matter can be dated anytime before the appointment

Thanks.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Format of employer letter & payslips

Post by ibnadam » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:16 pm

Hi all,

Question about payslips & employer letter please.

Due to Covid-19 & working from home I have only received an electronic copy of my employer letter via email. Additionally I only have access to electronic versions of my payslips. Couldn't get them stamped due to Covid-19 as well. My employer letter confirms the authenticity of the payslips.

My question is how do I submit those documents? Do I need to print them, scan them and upload the scanned copies, or is it OK to just use the electronic copies I already have?

Thanks.

srsw

Re: Format of employer letter & payslips

Post by srsw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:26 pm

Is your employer letter a PDF file or just an email? If PDF, then I hope it's on company letterhead?

If it's PDF on company letterhead then just upload the same. Same with e-payslip.

Do keep a printouts when you go to your ukvcas appointment though.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Post by ibnadam » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 pm

srsw wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:26 pm
Is your employer letter a PDF file or just an email? If PDF, then I hope it's on company letterhead?

If it's PDF on company letterhead then just upload the same. Same with e-payslip.

Yes it's in PDF format and on company letterhead (company logo + company registration number).

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:42 am

ibnadam wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 pm
srsw wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:26 pm

Yes it's in PDF format and on company letterhead (company logo + company registration number).
You Can upload them as is.

ibnadam
United Kingdom

Bank statement latest acceptable date

Post by ibnadam » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:29 pm

Hi,

Hopefully not a silly question :roll:

If we have submitted the ILR on 14/09/2020, and the latest bank statement we received by post is dated on the 14th as well (showing latest salary), can we submit that bank statement or do we need one dated before the application date with latest salary shown?

Thanks.