ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents for ILR - original bank statements?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sanfair
Newly Registered

Documents for ILR - original bank statements?

Post by sanfair » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:22 am

I have an appointment to get ILR through my marriage at the Home Office on Wednesday.

I got all my docs together but when I was putting them all together, I found out my husband had recently stopped paper bank statements on his account so I don't have them for the last two months.
I know they don't accept internet statements but it's too late to order them. His employer has also recently stopped printing out payslips and these are also only available online. I thought they were still coming through in paper form and it didn't occur to him that they were needed.
I've asked him to print them out anyway.

I have original statements and payslips for myself, and as I earn a good salary, show that I am capable of supporting both of us.

Does anyone know if they will they accept this? Or are they going to get difficult about it?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:30 am

The recommendation to checking officers is that ILR for spouse applications shouldn't be refused on financial grounds alone.
However, can you print off your bank statements and take them to a High Street branch of your bank and ask them to stamp and sign them?
This would be acceptable.

sanfair
Newly Registered

Post by sanfair » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:38 am

Unfortunately, we're with an online bank so have no high street branch but I've got enough other independent evidence that we're financially okay so hopefully that'll be enough. Wish me luck.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:48 am

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck. Let us know how if goes.